got a 2001 yz 250 for my blaster

definetly not gonna slap it together im trying to line up a spare frame now just so i can have enough time to clean all the welds and many test fits...i cant stand to have something that i cant count on, all my friends wheelers break down all the time cuz there too lazy to put in the wrench time spend more time working on the trails than riding stay tuned for this one u might be surprised it may not be a fast build but it will get done

i got some parts back from powdercoat today finally....the snydermotor sports +3 arms, front wheel hubs, rear wheel hubs, front fender support, tie rods, sprocket hub and the rear axle carrier. put in new wheel bearings and seal front and rear, new delron a arm bushings and installed a grease fitting in the carrier turned out pretty descent.....now im just waiting on the elkas to get back from catlyst reactions in cali and the taurus v1 hood from project blaster. here's a few pics of what she looks like now

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

now just need to get some green shock covers for the front. looking great though man, that powdercoat looks amazing

i finally got the yz bottom end off ebay its quite a bit dirty but a little cleanup and it will look good...only problem is that it looks like he may have let some water or condensation sit on it and a little rust on the crank no biggie. also got a frame in the mail from fsuroxu so hopefully ill be doing some fitting next weekend maybe get some mounts welded up.....im also thinking of putting some gussets in for a little more strength, also found a guy that is gonna port the top end for 80 bucks and hear he is really good....anyway heres a few pics of the bottom end i started to clean it a little bit but still have way more to go....also got the dura blue 2+2 axle put in earlier and it looks sweet.

Last edited:
got my frame this week so im gonna get all the old motor mounts out of there...i dont have a spare swingarm to make sure the sprockets line up do yall think that i can just eyeball it in there taking some measurements off the blasty. im thinking i really need the swingarm to get it just right

heres some pics of it just in the frame

got my frame this week so im gonna get all the old motor mounts out of there...i dont have a spare swingarm to make sure the sprockets line up do yall think that i can just eyeball it in there taking some measurements off the blasty. im thinking i really need the swingarm to get it just right

Lookin good. You should measure anyway you decide do it. If you cut the swing arm tube first and get the engine lined up using the swing arm and swing arm bolt it makes the front mounts easy. You should be able to get it aligned by cutting about a 1/2 in.( figure exactly how much with your measurements) off the right side tube. Your engine is newer so it may be a bit different. Check your measurements. Someone told me they needed to take a little off the left side tube. I didn't need to..

rearmount.jpg

well ive done some tweaking and finally got the exhaust close in the frame where it needs to be...its a descent gap in there but its just a rough fit the motor will still have to be tweaked around but u can get the general picture. thats all for tonight im gonna try to get to my friends shop in the morning to get some mounts welded in.

got the swingarm cut and set the motor in the frame, also put the chain on and it seems to turn just fine on the front sprocket, i didnt cut any off the left side of the swinger i think its about a 1/8 if that from the blasty sprocket but i think itll be just fine the way it is now all i gotta do is make some motor mounts

got some cardboard motor mounts made up for the front, im gonna make em a 2 piece just like yz otis then i will start on the lower motor mount. still need to get a radiator ordered so i can start on the pipe, thinking of running a fmf shorty or a fmf titanium 2 shorty or a pro circuit shorty one of those 3 cuz the stock one is looooong would probably stick 4 inches out of the back. i have a fmf gold series head pipe so any suggestions which silencer?

http://tinypic.com/r/21jrm6t/5
http://tinypic.com/r/30w2zk5/5

well no motor mounts welded today sucks living an hour away from your friend with the welder and torch lol, but i did manage to figure out some disk brake guards on the norman conversion spindles. ill have more updates tomorrow on the mounts hopefully

i was thinking that i will have to mod either one its just the pipe looks so long thinking the shorty might look a little better

well im debating on cutting my pipe in any way as i dont want to change the design so im debating on cutting the frame rails where the right past where the a arm brackets are and just making the pipe fit the way it is but then again im not really seeing a good way to brace the part that i have to cut out plus there is a motor mount on the rails but for now im waiting on getting a radiator