GoPro White Settings...

BlastfromPast69

Apr 24, 2013
GoPro White Editing Help...

I bought the go-pro white edition I month or two and the first one I had I couldn't get to update because I turned it on once and it froze and then turned off. And obviously the update fixes the freezes. So, I couldn't use/update it. I had bought it from go-pros website directly for $214.* First of all it took 7 business days to ship. Although I got free shipping because it was above $200.
But, if I was going to send the broken one back I would have to pay shipping. So, I went to Walmart picked out the Go-pro hero 3 White edition for $214.* And, I also bought a Suction Cup mount. Oh yea and I bought a Sandisk 32gb Micro Sd card. I took the broken go-pro and put it in the new go-pros box and returned it to avoid the shipping costs. The second one worked perfect for updating. When I first tried it out on my quad I tried to use the suction cup but it just didn't keep steady. I ended up putting on the top of the helmet. So, I ended up returning that as well. The first settings I used was 1080p at 60fps. The mount worked fine but the video was choppy when I watched it on my computer. I read some and switched it to 720p at 60fps. Still choppy on my computer. I read some more and came to this:

How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback

Tom Minick
posted this on December 02, 2011 05:47 pm
If you are experiencing choppy or broken up playback when viewing your videos, this will usually come down to the computer not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough. Please first ensure that the video is recorded properly by playing the videos directly on a TV with the supplied HD and AV component cables (original HD HERO), or optional HDMI or composite cables (HD HERO2), or optional HDMI cable (HERO3) if you have the necessary cables. You should get proper smooth playback on your TV.

We have a few things for you to try that should help clear up the choppy playback issue you’re seeing on your computer:

1. Make sure you copy your videos to your computer’s hard drive from your camera’s SD card before you play them back. Playing back videos from your SD card can result in choppy playback.

2. Play back your videos with VLC Media Player. This is a free program that doesn’t take up a lot of resources to run on your computer. This means that your computer can focus more on playing back your videos smoothly. You can download it here: VideoLAN - VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS!. If you’re looking for a quick fix, you might want to skip down to Step 5.

3. Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to play back videos from your camera.

For lower resolution videos (1080p 30fps and lower): We recommend at least 2.4 GHz processors and 4 GB RAM to play back lower resolution videos (1080p 30fps and lower).

For higher resolution videos (1080p 60fps and higher): We recommend at least 3.0 – 3.7 GHz processors, 4 GB RAM, and a graphics card comparable to an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. The graphics card and processor speed is important particulary for 4K and 2.7K resolution video playback.

Here’s how you can check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements:

Mac:
Click the “apple” icon in the top left corner of your screen, and then click “About this Mac”. Next, click “More Info…”

Windows:
Click on the Start Menu, then right-click on the word "Computer" or “My Computer”, and click “Properties”. Once you have done this, scroll down to the System Information for Processor and RAM. You can find your graphics card by clicking on the small arrow to the left of “Display Adapters” in your Device Manager.

•Here’s how to find Device Manager for Win 7 and Vista:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/device-manager-cp-windows...
•Here’s how to find Device Manager for Win XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/pro...

4. You camera saves videos as .mp4 files. Convert the .mp4 files to .avi (for Windows) or .mov (for Mac) files. Computers usually have an easier time playing back these files than .mp4 files. You can convert your .mp4 files with CineForm Studio, which is available on our website here: GoPro CineForm Studio

We recommend using CineForm Studio to convert your videos. If it doesn’t work for you, try searching online for other free programs that convert .mp4 files. MPEG Streamclip is an example. You can find that here: Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows

Note that converting videos may take a long time, especially if you’re encountering choppy playback. The better option may be to follow Step 5 below.

5. Turn OFF Protune and record in a lower video resolution. If your computer can’t play 1080p 30fps smoothly, try recording videos at 720p 30fps instead. The lower resolution means that your computer will have less work to do when playing back the video, so it’ll have an easier time giving you smooth playback.

I found it on gopros website will it work?
*$14 is tax

Last edited:
What is your main problem/question???
If it is just the computer making the videos look choppy.
And if I should try it on a tv instead.
And what the best settings are.
Protune-on/off?
1080p/720p?
60fps/30fps?

Here is a picture of my micro sd card. I couldn't put the actual card in the picture because I had to use the gopro to take the picture

If it is just the computer making the videos look choppy.
And if I should try it on a tv instead.
And what the best settings are.
Protune-on/off?
1080p/720p?
60fps/30fps?

Its the computer, once you figure it out though, it works fine.

No computers really have the HD that a gopro can do...

Download windows movie maker (free)
When you put the video in, it will auto make the resolution less (looks bad, but not choppy) It will also take some time to copy the videos (be patient...)

Once you upload to youtube or where ever after working on the vid (its editing software, really easy to use) You can upload directly from the movie maker to youtube by logging in. When it uploads, it will fix the resolution.

heres windows movie maker
Windows Live Movie Maker - CNET Download.com

Can you tell me if it is a class 10 or tell me how to check if it is?

Class 10 helps too I:I

Its the computer, once you figure it out though, it works fine.

No computers really have the HD that a gopro can do...

Download windows movie maker (free)
When you put the video in, it will auto make the resolution less (looks bad, but not choppy) It will also take some time to copy the videos (be patient...)

Once you upload to youtube or where ever after working on the vid (its editing software, really easy to use) You can upload directly from the movie maker to youtube by logging in. When it uploads, it will fix the resolution.

heres windows movie maker
Windows Live Movie Maker - CNET Download.com
Thanks for the help and yea I don't think many computers can handle the hd. But then again how can you watch a video on youtube in 1080p 60fps. Weird. But idk.
I will try movie maker thanks

Originally Posted by BlastfromPast69
Can you tell me if it is a class 10 or tell me how to check if it is?

Class 10 helps too
and can you tell me if mine is a class 10 card?

Thanks for the help and yea I don't think many computers can handle the hd. But then again how can you watch a video on youtube in 1080p 60fps. Weird. But idk.
I will try movie maker thanks

and can you tell me if mine is a class 10 card?

I dont think youtube can handle 1080 60 fps so they go down to the 30fps
HD is the 1080 no matter how many fps

Take a picture of the micro SD not the adapter

i have to use the gopro to take the picture. so i need the sd card. ill see if i can find a diff. sd card to put in the gopro so i can take the pic.

I actually already have Windows Movie Maker.
I bet it comes on a lot of computers.
I will try to use it now.
Can you tell if the card is a class 10?
Ik its kinda blurry but its hard to take a pic. with a gopro since they don't have screens on the back.

The file C:\Users\------\Videos\GOPR0014.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

^That is what I get when I click on "Videos" Under the "Import" tab.
Do I need to redownload it?
Herp maybe you should make a thread showing how to upload videos from gopro to youtube. you could get lots of rep and it would help me out a lot thanks.

Herp, I don't think your on right now but if you come on later, what comp. do you have?
Windows7,vista?
Because I think Ive read that If you have anything other then windows7 wmm wont open the gopro file because its mp4 or something like that? Any one help,comments,advice?

I have 7

You can open them on any operating system, just will be really slow on the older ones...

Also, you might need to add something to play them, depending on if your computer has media player...

I have 7

You can open them on any operating system, just will be really slow on the older ones...

Also, you might need to add something to play them, depending on if your computer has media player...
I've read a little and it says that since the gopro records in mp4 it can't use wmm unless you have at least windows7. I also read that you can transfer them to .avi files and then edit them.

But luckily for me I have another computer that is Windows 7. So I will try it on there.
Thanks for the help.