Fuel pooring out of the vent tubes...?

Chr1s

Jan 12, 2011
E Sedro Woolley (Day Creek)
Fuel is pooring out of the vent tubes off the carb...any one have some input please. I'm new to quads and have been trying to figure out why it is leaking, but the closest I have come in my reading is there may be a float that is stuck?...
It doesnt leak when the fuel is "off". But once you turn in to "on", you can hear air blow out of the lines. Then about 3 seconds later the lower line is running. And another 2 seconds the upper line starts gushing. The quad will still start and idles fine, but the fuel never slows down.
Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Sounds like it is time to pull the carb and clean it. You most likely have dirt in your float valve. Or your floats are stuck. while you have the bowl of measure your floats to make sure they are still set correctly. They need to be about 21 mm I think.

^^ right, and check the little rubber tip of the float needle and also the seat...a spec of anything will hold it open and flood the carb forever

For whatever reason, even my clean carb seems to get the floats hung up a lot. So a few taps on the carb bowl with the handle of a screwdriver and I'm on my way.....

I had the same problem recently. Take out ur main jet, get a q tip with a lil toothpaste and clean the inside out. then reassemble. U should be good. Might be something stuck in the main jet restricting flow. The main jet is the copper hex in the bowl on the bottom of the carb and its over this plastic looking thing. Becareful when u remove the float tho. Make sure there's no gas INSIDE the float ears. If there is u need a new float. Or better yet like he said jus take a screw driver and tap the bowl a few times