FMF FLANGE??

waffle429

Feb 12, 2014
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Ok so I ordered a new exhaust flange from fmf, and when I got it I saw that it had no loop for a spring to attach. The flange that's on my blaster right now does in fact have a loop for the spring, as it should. Anybody have a clue as to why this flange from fmf doesnt have a loop on it??
Thanks guys.

i've seen guys drill a small hole thru the bottom most fin on the cylinder, to attach the spring when the loop is missing.
or have a small hook/loop welded on, a single link from what is commonly refered to as "jack chain" would work good.

jack.jpg

Awk, I know I could fab up some way of getting it to work, I just find it interesting that fmf would send me a flange with no loop when the fmf pipe has a loop on it from the factory. Thoughts?

Awk, I know I could fab up some way of getting it to work, I just find it interesting that fmf would send me a flange with no loop when the fmf pipe has a loop on it from the factory. Thoughts?

it was made on weekend hangover monday morning, or right before quitting time on slacker friday :D

CPI pipes use a flat plate with 2 holes in it similar to a master link side plate, bolted on under the nut for the flange. 1 hole the size of the exhaust stud. 1 hole just a little bigger than the spring.

If you have a welder, just weld a couple small washers to the flange in the correct locations.

My flange didn't have a loop either. It was a pita but I got it to hook on the small little vertical support(?) between the fins