fmf fatty exhaust and 28 keihin

jdowd123

Apr 22, 2012
Just bought a 06 blaster. It allready has a k-n and the keihin 28mm installed. Is has a 160 main and 40 pilot in it, Going to install a full fmf exhaust and silencer. For the guys that run this set up what main are you running.

Thanks Jim

i think a bigger carb will make u loose power with a stock motor. but if u get it ported, and the fmf, thought would be awesome. i run gnaarly with uni filter no box, and it runs awesome!

You won't lose power with that carb, plus it's all you have. Great starting point for a good build. How does that carb run with the stock pipe now? If no one chimes in on jetting, might have to search. Read all you can find on jetting and plug chops to help you in tuning your upcoming mods.

BTW, welcome I:I

Ok, not to steal the post, maybe these questions will be appreciate by the newb...welcome newbie. So, I did some peeking in the carb, which is a Mikuni 28mm, and my main jet is a #150, not sure about the pilot...my eyes apparently suck. My exhaust is an FMF Fatty pipe, with a Turbine Core 2 with spark arrestor. Now, I bought this machine about a month and a half ago, and I know nothing about what's inside it....and I'm fearing taking the jug off and inspecting, that will really depend on how the leakdown test goes. Looking at the engine, how do you know if it is ported, a head mod and things of such nature?

i have a 28 mm keihin pwk with a 158 main and a 55 pilot. ken oconnor head mod, dynoport, uni filter and boyseen power reeds. imo a 28 mm carb is the perfect size for none to medium mods on a blaster. but if it runs good now and the jetting is good as it sits.....bump the main up 2-3 sizes for the pipe.

i have a 28 mm keihin pwk with a 158 main and a 55 pilot. ken oconnor head mod, dynoport, uni filter and boyseen power reeds. imo a 28 mm carb is the perfect size for none to medium mods on a blaster. but if it runs good now and the jetting is good as it sits.....bump the main up 2-3 sizes for the pipe.

What's the elevation in Vt where you are? I recently bought a 28mm and I'm looking for a good starting point. I'm in Milton so my average elevation is 310ft.