flywheel lightening and carb boring

Aug 8, 2013
missouri
Flywheel lightening is a good way to get a snappy and high revving 2 stroke.and i only charge $35 plus shipping
Screenshot_2014-08-02-16-06-38.png
Screenshot_2014-08-02-16-06-22.png
another good way to gain throttle response and power is to have your stock carb bored. having your carb bored Is cheaper than going out and buying a larger carb. Ive ran bored stock carbs on blasters with completely different states of modification and always see a improvement. At only $30 plus shipping. Add $20 if i have to disassemble and reassemble the carb
Screenshot_2014-08-02-16-06-33.png

Screenshot_2014-08-02-16-07-36.png

Screenshot_2014-08-02-16-07-50.png

if you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

Reactions: Markblaster
to be honest bronco i dont know how much you can take off off the flywheel, and i dont want to find out:) but i take 5-6 oz off

and the stock carb can be bored to 27.25mm

to be honest bronco i dont know how much you can take off off the flywheel, and i dont want to find out:) but i take 5-6 oz off

and the stock carb can be bored to 27.25mm
So with the carb boring you can run everything the same as far as the boot an all. You do have to rejet though right?

So with the carb boring you can run everything the same as far as the boot an all. You do have to rejet though right?
yes you can use the stock reed intake boot and the boot from the airbox. i did not have to reject, although it would be a good decision to plug chop to confirm the jetting is still correct

Yes you have to rejet. You are increasing air flow into the engine.

if rejetting wasn't required, plug chop confirmed, this did nothing to increase performance.

if rejetting wasn't required, plug chop confirmed, this did nothing to increase performance.
ok awk this does nothing.Thats why I bore every stock carb I ever run. And if this did nothing do you think I would try to sell this service to you?...no. my dad has a cool little south bend lathe and I enjoy machining so im trying to give you guys a good deal. i did not have to rejet on my blaster when i did this, that doesn't mean you wont have to rejet. i was just telling my experience with this mod.

Last edited:
Lol kid ur getting over affended, ur rejetting is what had everyone thrown off...

In ur defence boring carb is huge improvment. Ur mistaken about jettinf tho it does need to be changed, not saying that means you dont know what your doing tho im sure ur dad helps machening something isnt realy part of jetting in a way, most machine shops iv worked with kno nothing bout engine parts but know what to bore n machine them to.

So dont get affended by everyones response, simply admit u were wrong bout not knowing the jetting, apologise.... N im sure youl have ppl wanting service.

Looks like a good set up, n handy work. Good job

Lol kid ur getting over affended, ur rejetting is what had everyone thrown off...

In ur defence boring carb is huge improvment. Ur mistaken about jettinf tho it does need to be changed, not saying that means you dont know what your doing tho im sure ur dad helps machening something isnt realy part of jetting in a way, most machine shops iv worked with kno nothing bout engine parts but know what to bore n machine them to.

So dont get affended by everyones response, simply admit u were wrong bout not knowing the jetting, apologise.... N im sure youl have ppl wanting service.

Looks like a good set up, n handy work. Good job
yes the carb boring takes it from 26mm to 27.25mm it is a huge improvement. and yes i probably wasnt jetted corectly to start off with. my dad helped me with the first one i ever did, but the one in the picture i did myself and i am extremely proud of it and that is why i was getting alittle affeneded. and thanks BlasterFun

yes the carb boring takes it from 26mm to 27.25mm it is a huge improvement. and yes i probably wasnt jetted corectly to start off with. my dad helped me with the first one i ever did, but the one in the picture i did myself and i am extremely proud of it and that is why i was getting alittle affeneded. and thanks BlasterFun

that makes sense, i did mention "plug chop confirmed"
which meant, before and after.
nice to see your passionate side for this though :)
sorry if I Offended you.

I see the magnets are still on the flywheel when machining it. I'm guessing you take the time to properly clean them after the job is done, correct? I only point this out cause it may seem obvious but it's best to get every detail cleared up.

I see the magnets are still on the flywheel when machining it. I'm guessing you take the time to properly clean them after the job is done, correct? I only point this out cause it may seem obvious but it's best to get every detail cleared up.
yes i take the time to clean all of the chips off of the magnets after machining. although i have never removed the magnets to lighten the flywheel, it seems as it would be more time consuming to remove and reinstall them than it is to spend 5-8 minutes with a paper towel, a pick and compressed air to remove the chips

Kid, id recommend for you to not remove mags. Youd be dealing with balance issues, maybe put tape over n just peel tape off mags when done
you wouldn't have balancing issues if you put the mags in the same spot them came out of. but thats a pretty good idea with the tape..i might have to try that:)