Fixing beads

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
Any way to fix bead on tires??

The douglas set i bought for my black blaster has wrecked beads (from the people who put them on...)

I had it done last summer, so i cant really go back and complain to them. they never held air long, so we recently brought them to honda house, they said they couldnt help it.

So we are wondering if there is some sort of glue or silicone that could fix a bead?
It looks like they were cut along it, not in half.

which auto stores could i get that at?

And would it hold up to putting them on?

it looked like they tried to put something on them...

any reputable part store should have it. It can get messy its like thick black rubber cement.. It will cure but stay elastic like rubber.. You put it on the rim right where the bead sets with the tire try and be quick so once you inflate the tire it will squish between the rim and the tire..

90cc is way different than how these tires would be ridden.

the side flex would be enough to blow the tubes is why they wont do it

I had one that leaked real bad and I put some ultra copper in between the rim and tire and rode the sh*t out of it and it never leaked again

I cant see why a tube won't work? Anyway, that tyre needs replacing... I wouldn't waste my time with messy sealant and will it even hold up when riding hard? I have my doubts...

Alternatively, mount the tyre, seat the beads, deflate and squeeze tyre in a bench vise and put sealant around the rim where the damage is, reinflate, and hope for the best.

You can try beed sealant but I had a tire similar to how that one looks and didnt have luck with the sealant..it held for a day and then see you later air..i think it was like $10 for a quart from advance auto..good luck