First Complete Blaster Build

alright so im literally at the exact same point in my build as you are......http://www.blasterforum.com/full-re...na-do-right-but-dont-have-deep-pockets-34559/... but my screw that holds the the oil pump on is stripped. might end up just leaving the thin on there....cant hurt. just got a new clutch baskets and all along with new carb and a blance gear, hopefully pulling apart the case tomorrow hopefully no big suprises. sending my jug to ken to bore and port/ recomend a new piston.

I personally wouldnt want to just leave it there. I am assuming that you are talking about the head of the screw being stripped.A couple things you could try to do is if you have a die grinder, you could use it to cut a slot it the screw head to fit a large straight blade screw driver and try to unscrew it. Another option would be to drill the screw out. Sounds a little scary if you have never done it before but it is pretty easy. Take the one screw that you got out and find a drill bit that is ONE size bigger than the threaded part of the screw. If you have access to a drill press it is better because it will keep your bit straight but a hand drill will work. Drill into the center of the screw where the screwdriver would normally go. Nice easy slow pressure. Once you get through the head, the head should pop off and you should be able to pull the pump off the screw shaft. Then just use vice grips to remove the screw shaft. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Well today was a beautiful day outside (60+ deg. after being below freezing for the last 2 weeks till yesterday) and I was hoping to get to work in the garage all day with the door open. Well no such luck. I am on call this week at work and had to go out. Left my house at 9 this morning and didn't get home till 6:45 this evening. But the day wasn't a total loss. When I got home a found two packages waiting for me. One was a box with brackets and a brake pedal for my Gixxer brakes from Brother AWK. Thanks dude. And the other was my new Banshee front shocks. 2006 stock white ones. Sweet.

Last edited:
at least your getting nice weather even if you have to work, it was -29 with wind chill here today lol

Ouch. Yeah I was never meant to live in the cold weather. Unfortunately I have been here all my life so far. 5 years when our daughter graduates high school the plan is to move where we will never see snow again. lol

lol im trying to convince my wife to move to bc where it is beautiful... or at least compared to alberta lol i was in bc last year in january and ppl were still riding there croch rockets

lol im trying to convince my wife to move to bc where it is beautiful... or at least compared to alberta lol i was in bc last year in january and ppl were still riding there croch rockets

lol. The only ones crazier than you Canadians are Alaskans. You guys love being outside in the cold. lol I lose more tolerance for it every year. Kinda funny though, we went on vacation to Florida last Christmas and it was in the 60s. Everybody there was in heavy jackets and we were running around in shorts and t-shirts.

i'm one of the few that HATE the cold!! I just dont understand how ppl here can enjoy being out on skidoo's when it is so frigging cold lol yea i gotta retire somewheres like florida :)

lookin good so far, keep it up!

these things are fun to tinker with. can't wait to see the finished product

i know the feeling, i had mine all done and ready to go for almost a month before being able to rip on it, it was torture!

Its gonna take longer than I want it to unfortunately. Between working full time, school starting back next week (have four classes this quarter), and family there wont be a lot of spare time. It has actually influenced my build a little. Gonna go a little simpler just so I can get it done by spring.

Well, got the parts bike motor split. Thanks Brando for the tip on using a harmonic balancer puller. Worked great on the right side case. Had to order longer bolts to get the crank out of the left case though. Hopefully that will be done by Wednesday. Realized how simple these motors are when I split it. Should be a breeze next time. Will get some pics soon. Hopefully will be starting on the chassis mods and frame painting soon.

Just a couple teaser pics. I was not going to install anything that I was going to need to take back off when I tear it down for paint but I was getting bummed with the lack of progress. So, I decided to bolt on my new front wheels and tires, Banshee shocks, and front bumper. Noticed the Banshee shocks were about 1/2" longer than my stock ones. The action feels so much better. The rear really looks like it is sagging now. Cant wait to get the z400 shock put on now. Hopefully it will help level it out. Head is shipping out to Ken Oconnor Racing tomorrow for redesign.

2r3vvog.jpg

1zeh98y.jpg

2dqrm6t.jpg

everything is looking gd man! those rims are really nice!!!

Thanks. Yeah the front look so good that I just cant bring myself to paint the rings like I did on the rears. Got some paint stripper today so I can strt stripping the paint off the rears and start polishing them.