First Complete Blaster Build

did you split your case yet ? i just bought a project blaster and have to do the same thing. i found some you tube videos does not seem like a bad job but getting it back together without the right tools might take alittle brain work.

Havent split them yet. I have been gathering my suspension/chassis parts. Right now the garage is a little tight. Filled with Christmas decoration boxes. Hoping in a week or so I will have my work bench back and I will be getting started on splitting the bottom.

where's the pic's of the parts you painted??

Will get some up tomorrow since I have the day off work. Has been kinda busy the last couple days. Have to repaint one of the wheels. Rear Hubs, sprocket hub and brake caliper bracket are done. Started to spray clear on it and the black reacted with it and cracked. Not good but at least I only sprayed the clear on one side of one wheel before I saw it.

Well here are the pics as promised. Had to srtip and repaint one of the hubs twice because it just wasnt coming out right. The surface was a little rough for some reason. So far have the sprocket hub, the rear hubs, and the rear caliper bracket done. The frame will be getting done in the same color. One rear wheel is finished also and I picked up a couple 18x11-8 Holeshots today to mount on them. Need to try to get a decent amount of work done this week because school starts back again after the first of the year.

4v5qh2.jpg

2yost8i.jpg

eg8f92.jpg

b51ifa.jpg

Well finally found a set of Banshee shocks. Paid a little more than I would have liked to but they are super clean 06's and they are white. Getting close to being done with the chassis mods for now. Just need to score a deal on a front disc setup.

ive got drum brakes on the front and they lock up the wheels no problem :)

The drums on mine work too and so did the mechanical rear but hydraulic disc are a lot easier to maintain and they are a lot more consistent. Gonna stick with the drums until I find a really good deal on the disc setup but definately want to change over eventually.

Reactions: blasterfreek30
Decided to take a break from painting tonight and start tearing down my spare engine to see what I am working with. Have a look.

Case broken where the stator wires come out. It had been "repaired" with silicone.
nyuxpy.jpg

21j0s9y.jpg

Stator was covered with dirt.
2a00sp5.jpg

What is that??? Thought I would remind everyone what the oil pump looks like be fore I toss it in the round file...
so1w5l.jpg

Clutch cover is off.
hx50m0.jpg

Clutch plates "looked" good. Basket only has very light grooving starting. Should be able to smooth it.
21aizag.jpg

Looks like a good place to stop for the night.
9u6kx2.jpg

2d978gj.jpg

Yup, thats where things get fun. I saw the inside of my engine ( or any quad engine ) for the first time a few weeks ago. And finally got it back together. Burnt some big holes in my jeans but i think it will be worth it for the fun these things are. Good luck with the build, and all is looking great!

alright so im literally at the exact same point in my build as you are......http://www.blasterforum.com/full-re...na-do-right-but-dont-have-deep-pockets-34559/... but my screw that holds the the oil pump on is stripped. might end up just leaving the thin on there....cant hurt. just got a new clutch baskets and all along with new carb and a blance gear, hopefully pulling apart the case tomorrow hopefully no big suprises. sending my jug to ken to bore and port/ recomend a new piston.