First Blaster Make-Over!

LiLmuskie10

Dec 28, 2010
Grove City, Ohio
I haven’t posted much since I joined the forum a few months ago, but trust me I have spent my fair share of time on here just about every day lol. First off I just want to say what a great site this is and how much it has helped me out. I wouldn’t have been able to do a lot of the stuff I did if it wasn’t for the knowledge of the guys on this site, so thanks! This has been my first 4-wheeler and project ever so its def a learning process and I just want to thank all you guys for the info, tips, and how 2’s. The last few months I have been working on this blaster . I have put a good amount of time into it and pretty much worked a lot on the body and other such things. The engine was already pretty good when I bought it, so I haven’t really done anything to extreme to the motor. I haven’t posted anything on my build so this will more than likely be a long ass post with a lot of pics. Sorry I didn’t post while I was building and adding stuff but its hard enough to find time to work on the blaster with work… let alone post it all. So I apologize for the lack of updates guys. Also its still a work in progress and im still not finshed…lol I keep finding stuff I want to do to it. Also sorry if I post this in the wrong thread, but I didn’t know where else to put it.

this is the blaster when i first got it, and i took off the front fenders right away.

2ij7nr.jpg

it took me awhile to paint the small parts, but here are some befores, during and afters. i had them hanigning in a little paint box i made in the garage.
oub8zp.jpg

16kt9v5.jpg

i had to order a used brake hub/rotor from a banshee because i ended up getting an extended banshee axle. i had to put some work into that also.
9r5efb.jpg

2qc47c5.jpg

these are after i fixed them up .
w8kry0.jpg

ei4fvp.jpg

i went ahead and got a new axle because the other one was bent...banshee +2, wheel spacers and also new bearings.
sccojn.jpg

i also got a +4 swingarm!
281vd6w.jpg

i really wanted to get race cut fenders so i ended up getting a new front hood and tank cover.
2efp9o4.jpg

i also replaced the old moose handlebars with new Fly bars, and i got a new nac's bar clamp and gas tank cap. all red! just wanted to add a little flash i guess..lol
2ntb3lv.jpg

1zyf1w2.jpg

douxah.jpg

i got a set of air-scoops from project blaster, and i went ahead and got rid of the old seat cover with the flames on it. i wasnt really feeling the flames and i put a new red nstyle gripper on it. i didnt want to attempt to try and get it on myself so i took it to a shop and paid to have it done. it turned out really nice tho!
2v0idxs.jpg

246j0x4.jpg

i had to get a new chain since i got a +4 swinger so i had to take some links out of it when i got it. i decided to go with the shorty brake cable +4 aswell. the brakes are still being worked on tho. im hoping to have them back on this weekend. i finished painting and glossing the caliper today.
2druezr.jpg

2ia3lea.jpg

2l9p1so.jpg

t9xu6t.jpg

here is a look at the swinger when i was putting it back togather in the loundry room haha...and then a look when i got it on the blaster and put in the axle, sproket and brake hub/rotor on.
34gkh1x.jpg

153vejc.jpg

i also went ahead and took off the a-arms and i painted the upper and lowers arms black. it was a pain in the ass to get the lower arms off! but they turned out ok. you can also kind of see i got new shock covers..i replaced the solid black ones i had with new blue and red ones.
14mt4lu.jpg

i have left out a crap ton of pics from installing and just random pics of the parts and work....so ill just go ahead and jump to the pics of what it looks like as of this morning. like i said i still havent got around to putting the brakes back on since i just finished painting today..so hopefully this weekend. also i had a ton of stickers laying around and from parts and gear so i slapped a ton on it. also because i heard adding stickers adds more horse power so i added a sh*t ton! haha j/k.
ae9zer.jpg

jzb8yc.jpg

sg2wj6.jpg

10qga6b.jpg

124efzm.jpg

bi4eq1.jpg

also.. hudack, i put the spacers on the back but im not going to run them on the back..im putting them on the front this weekend.. i was just screwing around to see what it looked like really wide and havent took them off yet! lol

ill try and post more pics of stuff i left out tomarrow guys and get more detailed about the stuff i did!...and ill keep you posted on the rest of the build as i go along from here on out! thanks!

Looking good!! Untill you take one apart and re-do it a person can't appreciate the work it takes. Worst thing is that you will look at it and say "Should have done the frame" :eek:. O well, gives you something to do next winter.I:I

Yeah it has definitely been a learning experience! Like larry’s shee said…I have a lot of appreciation for the hard work and sweat that goes into these machines as well as the knowledge of the members on this site! It has been a good time! The thing now is that im always looking at it and thinking about other stuff I want to do and add to it. I def got the Mod bug! I have a list of stuff I still want to do…and I wish now I would of painted the frame, but I felt like in the start of this project I was already in over my head and had my hands full with my first blaster…but like he said i alwaz have next winter to paint the frame and rebuild! Lol or I can just get another blaster! haha

Also im looking for people to ride with here in Ohio as it starts to get warmer!...i dont mind driving at all! lol i just got rid of my ram 2500 4x4 and got a new ram 1500 4x4 on last tuesday! so thats my new summer project! lol so im looking for any excuse to drive right now!! haha but ill post and look in the trails thread for midwest/Ohio! let me know tho!

i'd like to ask you a question about the +4 swinger. what size chain are you using? my buddy has the same +4 with a stock banshee chain which is supposed to work. we had a hell of time getting it to go on and now there is adjustment with the tensioners.

yeah i heard on here and around the net that it was possible to use a banshee chain for the +4 swinger but i just didnt want to take the risk..so i just got a 520-120 link chain and took links out by grinding down the pins and knocking them out with a small punch until i found a good length. it was a pain in the ass cuz i didnt have a chain link cutter..but i got it done! ill try and answer it better when i get home. when i leave work ill go home and count how many links i ended up taking out also cuz i still have them in the garage.