finally.....

nooblast

May 7, 2009
Bought my first quad about 4 days ago. 2001 Yamaha Blaster. Its got quite a few fix n' ups to do, but i couldnt complain for $1000. Got lots in mind tho for mods and fixings:)

no its bored .040 over, fmf fatty and fmf silencer, brand new razr tires front and back. all new bearings in the rear.

well i was riding it for like 30 mins. then shut it off, and all of a sudden i noticed the rpm was wanting to stick when i was in gear. so i shut it off and it didnt want to start after that. i got it started but when i revved it up, the rpm wanted to stay where i let off. and if i tried tapping the throttle again it would rap out really high. or if i just put it at kind of a high rpm, after a few seconds it would just rev up really high! so today i took the carb off and cleaned it all out with brake cleaner and put it back together and it still did the same thing. the idle screw under the seat made a difference if turned. i tore apart the TORS stuff on top of the carb made sure it wasnt dirty, and put it back together, and it didnt rev on its own. but then if we changed the idle screw it would rev up on its own again. it also is still very doggy at low rps.

i unhooked all the tors WIRES just a little bit ago...it runs but wont idle and it still revs WAY high on its own....boy am i getting pissed X(off help please!

check for air leaks spray carb cleaner around whereever there could be a leak youll know if there's a leak.air/fuel mixture screw should be 1 1/2 turns out to start try that first .what size main is in your carb?230 is stock shoulda rejetted with pipe but you never know.

i just had it out and looked but now forgot what number it was...i know its jetted tho...brb gunna try the whole leak thing

well i found that there is like a hole the size of a dime right above the clutch cover...would that do it? this is just irritating!

above the clutch cover? yeah that would allow it to suck air, but if its above the stator its soposed to be there

hole thats soposed to be there is on the shifter side of the motor, there should be no holes on the kicker side at all

Yea, my bike did this too. I had an air leak. So I replaced all my seals, and its been peachy ever sence

i just cleaned the carb out after it starting revving up by itself. cleaned it for a good hour just to make sure i knew cleanliness wouldnt be a problem. all the tors is un plugged and has no affect on the carb. just the cable goin through the tors to the carb is all thats there...i used carb clean and sprayed around and it didnt change idle. and its STILL revving way high...

ohh and also i messed with the air mixture screw...didnt change anything and also it does still rev way high, but it comes back down very slow....?