Faced with hard decision

blasterkid114

Mar 19, 2009
So its time to get my new race bike for this year and i am moving to 450 class. so i find this rippin deal on a race ready yfz. beautiful bike. go to my yamaha dealer today to pick up some stuff cause i was getting ready to pick it up then i see the 09 yfz450r. instantly fell in love so now i have to decide upon the race ready bike or the 09 yfz450r? any help?

how much, its a bad looking bike,do it but keep the blasty to still have a 2 stroke.

id go with the used one cause you will have to put alot less into it.. the new one is stock and your going to want to put all the aftermarket goodies the other guy already spent the money on.

id go with the used one cause you will have to put alot less into it.. the new one is stock and your going to want to put all the aftermarket goodies the other guy already spent the money on.

Yeah but if you buy a brand new one, you wont have to worry about the other guys problems. If you were buying a new one, you have a clean slate to work off which is where i would start because even though that quad is all done up, its been beat on, plus its just a yfz450. If you were to buy the yfz450R its set up more for racing verses the yfz450. I would buy the yfz450R. The yfz450r has a higher compression ratio, its fuel injected, it has independent double wishbone, 9.8”. kashima coated piggy back shocks, high/low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment verses the yfz450's kashima coated piggy back shocks, high/low speed compression, bebound and threaded preload adjustment, independent double wishbone, w/piggy back High-/Lo-speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel. For the suspension in the rear the yfz450r has 11.0” and the yfz450 only has 10.6. The only thing that sucks is that the yfz450r is 33 pounds heavier.

well im getting the race ready one its getting dropped off in 3 hours so excited! post pics when i get it!

haha i know time is going like so slow right now! its like christmas night when your a little kid and you know your getting that bike in the morning!

So what year is the used one? I guess since you already decided on that one I wont bore you with the things to look out for... good luck with that quad !

It looks nice, but a raced quad is a dangerous buy in my humble opinion.

ive checked it over pretty thorouly i mean the bike is a nice bike. its an 05 with 06 head because of the nickelplating in the 05 was think i believe. and as for the blaster i kinda stopeed talking to my dad because of fighting and him just being a complete jackass i am not going to be worrying about it anymore its his problem. and plus its blown up soo?

haha yes to all that thought i was riding it i was. i went out for a couple hours before work and tomorrow i am really gunna ride her hard. she's gott
+3 jrd a arms
PEP shocks around
Jrd Swinger
Supertrapp exhaust
Fatbars
ITP T-9 rims (older models)
wrapped in holeshots
06 head and cylinder (bike is a 05)
+4 dominator axle
Aftermarket frame
6 point subframe
and i know there is more i am forgeting