extended swingarm

B

bigmcgiv

well i like to extend my swingarm . i live in northeast pa and i plan to do alot of trail riding but they are steep and narrow i was wondering if a extended swingarm will help with more stability and how much length do i need. i saw brackets that extends it 2 inches or should i go with a a lenghtened arm.

An extended arm is a good idea for a blaster. They have a very short wheelbase. However if you go any more than 4 inches (or so) then dont jump it unless you get an aftermarket shock.

An extended arm is a good idea for a blaster. They have a very short wheelbase. However if you go any more than 4 inches (or so) then dont jump it unless you get an aftermarket shock.

True, but my advice would be not to jump on any extended swing arm without replacing your shocks. Your ATV suspension is set up from the factory to handle the length of a-arms/swing arm it has on it, from the factory.

i order the 2 in extention kit for now and if i want more lengthe then go with the longer arm . i got the extentions for 50.00 including shipping i thought that a great deal. so i did it tks matt I:I

i order the 2 in extention kit for now and if i want more lengthe then go with the longer arm . i got the extentions for 50.00 including shipping i thought that a great deal. so i did it tks matt I:I

wait, A-arm extensions? I thought your original post you were talking about the swing arm extension?

i really like the a&r swingarm extention kit it worth every penny. it alot more stable climbing hills . you wouldnt think 2 inches would make a differance but it does.

That's nice i'm keeping the stock length swingarm because i like to wheelie alot an it's easier with a shorter wheelbase.

i ripped off my +2, and put a +1 on...+2 got my covered head to toe in mud lol, fenders did nothing...and wheelie...pretty hard with +2 where i live, cuz you have to pull up quick or you will hit something, flip over and die....shoot em up man!

what was the site u found the extensions at i checked what was there and didnt find anything

I wouldnt trust aluminum extensions with my riding style and weight, just check it for fractures before you ride, a short inspection before each ride can save you from a bad wreck

you could always just get it extended at your local welding shop for less than an extended swinger

i dont think anything under +3 is even worth all the work. so you realize how short 2" is?

I extended mine +4 and i was thinking it would look longer but doesn't really look it. I mean you can tell it's longer by looking at the rear fenders but otherwise looks stock until you get next to a stock one and realize how short they really are.