even if stick $ 10,000 into my blaster

thanks brother, yeah its an open class so if you really wanted too you could race a 50cc lol, well i have the carb, reeds, reeds spacer k&n air filter im going with the right bend pipe, i have an fmf now, so i've almost got everything i need thanks

I agree with 89 Custom.
You will need torque in the woods and the 240 kit is your best bet there.
Man goin against 450's???
They shouldn't be in your class.

theres about 10 classes, youth, utility, C, C+30, B, B+30, A, A +30, Pro Am, and Pro, if you guys have ever been to a harescramble race other wise known as cross country racing, then theres many classes based on experience, but they are all racing at one time on a 6-10 mile track through woods, so sometimes it gets as tight as 50 inches through there and barely opens up, go to you tube type in OXC and watch the holeshot videos i've made on the Missouri XC series called OXC, it will show all the classes go through, im racing C class basicly meaning beginner so i'm racing whatever the other C class racers have which can be anything but the experience is the same so its whoever can throw the bike around better if any of this makes sense, i can never type what im trying to say lol sorry

just pointing out.. a lot of people were saying the biggest blaster kit is a 265.. thats not true, trinity makes a 280 kit, which i have in my dune blaster (check in my sig)

ok ive read every word and there is a place called trinity and they have a 285....... but if you really want to spend some mad money have a shop cut you out a cylinder from a block of steel make it like 300 and put a 6 mill stroker in it then shave the head next put a longer rod on it and use a lectron carb custom intake and window the pistons have flotech port it and lighten the flywheel and advance the timing any right hand pipe put a small domed head on it for a lot of compresion angle the dome the best way and for the custom itake use a selfblower force fed run two tubes out the side to the rear plastics and cut a hole on each so you can get the force fed air in to your motor. sounds crazy but its do able

do it then, i;d like to see some one for 1 try and start it and for 2 if they did start it then drag race a stocker blaster and watch the guy with the modified blow up, your idea sounds insane and unlikely, no offense but theres a place called reality in this world

only dumb part would be machining a cylinder head. that kinda sh*t is not doable. thats why their cast aluminum then a steel sleeve is inserted because alumium obviously cant take the punch. i work at a machine shop so i can tell you it would take like 50 hours to machine it NOT including the porting which is imposible to machine out of solid steal. thats why the jugs are made out of aluminum, there cast into that shap then pimp's like flotek shave and adjust the shape of the ports to give you top notch performance.

ok ive read every word and there is a place called trinity and they have a 285....... but if you really want to spend some mad money have a shop cut you out a cylinder from a block of steel make it like 300 and put a 6 mill stroker in it then shave the head next put a longer rod on it and use a lectron carb custom intake and window the pistons have flotech port it and lighten the flywheel and advance the timing any right hand pipe put a small domed head on it for a lot of compresion angle the dome the best way and for the custom itake use a selfblower force fed run two tubes out the side to the rear plastics and cut a hole on each so you can get the force fed air in to your motor. sounds crazy but its do able

Jebus crick jes put a YZ400 in it :)

obviously 89custom knows what he is talking about so right on brother, the fact remains i'd like to see someone shove a 300cc cylinder into a 240 bigbore jug itself, the walls would have to be paper thin, i must be dumb i guess, what do i know???

you would need a new cylinder to go anything of that size. and thanks man glad to know my knowledge is respected :D

by the way, just bought myself a vitos 240 kit

*cylinder/head bran new .010 vitos piston that i dont want lol, all gaskets 36mm mikuni carb with intake boot to fit. should be sick. only thing im thinkin about now is jet sizing. im lost about sizes now lol.

oh i paid 355 +shipping. (technically havent bought it yet but i won auction)

i'm thinking im just gunna buy the LA sleeve 240 sleeve have it pressed in,then, have it shipped off to flotek to do the normal port and polish lightining the fly wheel etc etc the works, can anyone give me a quick off the top of the head guess on how much it would cost to buy the LA sleeve and to have it pressed in? thanks, also i have the stock jug and a vitos BLOWN 240 jug which one should i get the sleeve pushed in?? thanks for the help

this is just my opinion and i hope im not being a d**k here ..lol.....but if your really considering throwing that kinda cheese into your bike, why not just go buy an 08 raptor 700 and call it a day? , it would prolly be more the bike that your looking for . i have sunk a bit of money into my bike (nothing like your talking about though), but theres no way your gonna get serious top speeds like what your looking for out of it, it just isnt a big enough bore of an engine, let me take that back, you could get them kinda speeds maybe !!! but for the same price you could have a big bore bike(like a raptor) and then you would have a better starting point to build from. put that kinda money into a 700 and youll fell freaking g forces !!! remember, thats just my opinon, and i have been know to be wrong before...lol

dude, your opinion is exactly what mine is BUT i'd have a YFZ instead of a raptor but in my thoughts are 2 strokes kick ass and i know them better than a 4 stroke (working on them wise) and i know the blaster better than any other bike, 2 strokes are easy to work on and cheaper to hop up, like i've said befor if my post does not make sense its because i can never type what im trying to say, but yeah man i definitely agree with you 100% but i gotta stick with a yamy 2 stroke, lol

also i have the stock jug and a vitos BLOWN 240 jug which one should i get the sleeve pushed in?? thanks for the help

If you have a vito's bb jug order a new sleeve from vito's and have that pressed in and ported. You'll get more performance from that compared to a stock jug with a bb sleeve pressed in it.

i think for the money fro ma builders stance the blaster is a better platform for high speeds and performance sure the ymake like 17 hp stock and its going to take some time money and plenty of engine work but the outcome will always surprise everyone and if its done correctly sends raptors ltr450s and yfz450's home with their tale between their legs to feast on humble pie for the evening

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing is worse to a mans ego than having his modifed piped cammed 700 raptor or yfz450 get totally smoked by some guy with a 20 year old kids quad,....personaly i would rather have a woman smack me in the mouth in front of a large group my friends than that lol