dull to bright silencer

mmajay

800 V Twin
Aug 6, 2010
Busco Beach NC/ Goldsboro
9i8i3d.jpg
[/IMG]

I decided to try to polish a dull as crap new silencer because scot and 442 have been polishing everything so i wanted to see how i could do. It came out as good as the chrome on the pipe looked in 45 min but a very itchy and dirty and static electricity ridden job. Now i guess i have to do the CFM box because it looks so bad now. Thanx 442 and scot for the help.

looks sweet dude, glad you went for it, not so bad eh?

No not to bad besides the black slime that gets on you and then your face gets itchy and your first instinct is to scratch and make your face dirty and now i have to polish the rest of the alluminum to make it all match. Pretty simple task besides that though.

9i8i3d.jpg
[/IMG]

I decided to try to polish a dull as crap new silencer because scot and 442 have been polishing everything so i wanted to see how i could do. It came out as good as the chrome on the pipe looked in 45 min but a very itchy and dirty and static electricity ridden job. Now i guess i have to do the CFM box because it looks so bad now. Thanx 442 and scot for the help.

looks good jay and your welcome. dont forget that grab bar also. lol, the static electricity part is fun huh wait til u use a fast motor to do a bigger piece ur leg and arm will get sore from being constantly zapped lol

good job man. those nice smooth pieces are quick to get pollished up

LOL,,you got that right. I havent tried any crazy shapes like you been doing. I know what i done was a piece of cake compared to what you been doing and especially what 442 does, but you got to start some place. My next piece will be my air box and i will have a damp towel to scratch with. I dont think i would want to do this for money. lmao.

and 442 made fun of me bc my face itched. I told ya it's pretty bad. it drives me crazy but my face sheild gets dirty and i can't see. so i'm learnig to deal with it.

looks good jay and your welcome. dont forget that grab bar also. lol, the static electricity part is fun huh wait til u use a fast motor to do a bigger piece ur leg and arm will get sore from being constantly zapped lol

hahaha yeah I gotten constantly zapped.
sh*t so bad you can see a 1/2" ark. I've leaned to ground my buffer before I turn it off too.

looks good ive been wondering about geting some buffing pads for a grinder or something and some polishing compound i hate the black stuff left behind seems to get everywhere