Do You Think BlasterForum is to Strict? (Members 2 Cents)

stnditup2

Jul 24, 2008
Chillicothe IL
I am a member on so many other forums like pirate4x4, s10forum, s10extremist, grandprixforum, centralstreetscene, bansheeforum, raptorforum, and of course blasterforum. Out of all of these forums im part of this is by far the most Strict forum of all time. It's a forum guys things are gunna be said and people are gunna get pissed about it. Ya I understand we are here to help one another out and everyone wants it to be a good and clean forum. It's a forum things are gunna be said so I suggest to all the moderators and administrators that you need to be a little less strict at whats said on here. Im not tryin to put myself out there as a bad name on here but seriously eais up some on whats said on here... If anyone else agrees what Im saying please post...

this forum is far from strict.... alot slides on here...

you wanna see strict go to 3wheelerworld... or the hamb...

i got banned for posting my wedding photos with the cars during 'tech week'

this forum is far from strict.... alot slides on here...

you wanna see strict go to 3wheelerworld... or the hamb...

i got banned for posting my wedding photos with the cars during 'tech week'

it might be strict on there and you might have been banned but this place is still Strict

the past few weeks (months) have gotten pretty out of hand, and the reigns have needed pulled back. lots of personal attacks, and lots of unnecessary drama

The forum I am mostly on seriousoffshore, the major rule is no personal attacks. you can debate ideas, but thats ideas, the person with an idea is just that, you cannot attack him call him an idiot etc. Its hard when you are dealing with things people are passionate about and its much easier when you dissagree to attack the person you disagree with than to explain why you disagree. Anyone can attack. it takes intelligance and education to debate facts. When I was a mod on BHQ, thats pretty much how I did things, I had 2 rules, no attacking and I personally think riding without a helmet is not only foolish, but postng picks and vids of riding and stunts shows the sport in a bad light especially when we get so much negative spotlight as it is.

The forum I am mostly on seriousoffshore, the major rule is no personal attacks. you can debate ideas, but thats ideas, the person with an idea is just that, you cannot attack him call him an idiot etc. Its hard when you are dealing with things people are passionate about and its much easier when you dissagree to attack the person you disagree with than to explain why you disagree. Anyone can attack. it takes intelligance and education to debate facts. When I was a mod on BHQ, thats pretty much how I did things, I had 2 rules, no attacking and I personally think riding without a helmet is not only foolish, but postng picks and vids of riding and stunts shows the sport in a bad light especially when we get so much negative spotlight as it is.

perfectly said Phragle. I:I

The forum is running the way it is now bc its NEEDED,when ppl realize how to speak to each other then it will lossen up. But we have a problem with debates getting off topic and leading into trash talking.

I love the forum as is , you get too many knuckleheads that for whatever reason like causing problems because they have nothing better to do . My kid likes to look through BF from time to time and I'd hate for her to read the rants of some moron who isn't happy because somebody said something that he/she didn't like. Its not worth my or anyone elses time to allow that to escalate here. I think the rules we have are fine , No complaints at all . I agree with Phragle about the No Helmet vids/pics , no matter who it is , even if they are just idling in circles in a parking lot , zero tolerance because if someone from the outside see's that , they can make it into or warp it into anything they want . Of course the people causing the problem know who they are , and if they keep it up all they can expect is a warning and eventually the Banhammer

create a flame forum and let ppl battle it out. what happens there stays there.

What do you mean by Strict? Every damn forum I'm on and it's gotta be 20-30 something has rules. Dumbasses that don't follow the rules get banned...point blank.

Here is the thing, on this forum we are focused on one thing and one thing only. Blasters...if every post that is created is not "watched" or "moderated" they all seem to get out of hand. Then, when a newb comes on the sight and searches for "exhaust" and every post they read a fight breaks out two things happen. 1: The person is not getting any of the information they came for because people are too busy arguing with eachother and then 2: People are not going to want to come back because instead of finding the info they came for they just read fighting.

We moderate posts and all that stuff for this reason, we try and keep the forum on track.

I am also a member (but not moderator) to several other forums including a Mercedes-Benz, Dodge, softball and gun forum. On all of those forums there are hardly any to NO bashing of other members present. If somebody asks "how do you remove this part or how do you feel about this product?" people simply respond with their answer. If somebody disagrees the other members dont go on for the next 30 posts bashing and making fun of the person.

You can say this does not happen here but I just had to go though and moderate the "Stock bore 60mil Crank" thread and literally deleted the last 25 posts becasue EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS OFF TOPIC!

It's not too strict.
I'm a member of Jims rc boat dock and you can't even say damn there.
The site owner has even shut the site down over petty arguing.
It's only a few guys here that cause issues once they get weeded out it will be back to normal.
Guys gottah understand that it's OK to have a different opinion then someone else but you still have to respect that theirs is different then yours.

I understand where all of you are coming from and appreciate all the posts so far. But if you dont want a fight to break out and you Moderate every post thing start deleting the persons post that is starting things for example (lastnight I posted some things for sale and this person said something about how it was posted, "I said if I wanted some jackass to say something stupid on thread then I would put say something stupid. No offense to 4cfed as he is my friend and moderator on here but he was all over it about keep the forum clean.") That is why I posted this bc of what was said.

create a flame forum and let ppl battle it out. what happens there stays there.

Why do you so desperatly need to flame? What does it accomplish aside from feeding ones ego?? If you don't agree with something, whats so hard about posting a reply why you dont agree with something instead of attacking the poster? While I dont know everything there is to know, I have been around the block a few times... Do you see me replying to someones post "your a freaking idiot, that is so insanely stupid and it will never work, if you weren't so brain dead you would know it wouldnt work"

I think not, my reply would be something like " that won;t work BECAUSE it will cause this problem, but if you do this... it should work" I have seen piks of bikes that I think are simply butt ugly, do I say "dude, you bike sucks, that looks so lame!" no... Whoever it is put a lot of timeand work into his bike to make it something he likes, it may not be to my taste, but its not my bike. He built a bike the way he wants his bike and its not my place to tell him i dont like it or call him an idiot for building it.

I think it should be stricter. The mods and administrators need to hand out some infractions and even get the ban hammer soon. Theres only a few people who are the ones that start, all the damn time.