Do i have a true Blaster 240?

I got the Blaster from a friend of mine for free it is an 89. He had it sitting for about 4 yrs but right before he let it sit he sent the engine to ct racing in California. He told me he spent about 1500-2000$$ on the kit. For this price i can not see it just being a bore out but what can i look for to tell.

All that can really be seen from the outside is the carb its a keighn pk series. The bike was running a roost boost but i threw it out.
Also he told me it is supposed to run on 100 octane gas is it ok to run 94 octane the 100 is costing me 15$ gal.

Any help would be appreciated just really wanna know what i have so i know what i can upgrade and what to leave the same, don't wanna buy something that is already there.

Also would ct racing keep a record of what work was done?

for that price it could be the sonic bbk and what pipe does it have if its stock its prolly not a big bore and take off the head and scratch the black stuff off the piston to find the bore size

if you're looking for a cheaper alternative is aircraft fuel, but its not near as good for it as the race fuel is...

Can't get pics do upload... i'll try again later all i have are pics of the motor and carb don't know if thats gonna help.....
can i just take the head off with out any major headaches like draining oil or anything like that?

if it looks like the ct cylinder than it prolly is...........and u do not have to drain anything to remove the cylinder

pics from http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/wildcard-cylinder-head-20737/
tihs
DO WORK!

PB070608.JPG

Milled ----------------------------------------------------Stock

do a compresion check

Last edited: