Dirt Bike

Jul 5, 2007
england
well after like 4 years of my mom saying no to a dirt bike yesterday she out of the blue said would i like one I:I lol, because there is hardly anywhere to ride where i live, however there are a few tracks and stuff but they only let dirt bikers ride there so i may be getting one so i can go. I:I But i will still keep my blaster. B-) Now i would like to know if any of you have any ideas on the bike i should get i want a 2 stroke and a yamaha but i am open to others, i am almost 16 and this will be my first dirt bike, i am like 5,6 or so and weigh like 120 pounds maybe a bit less and i am still growing so what bike should i get? i like the yamaha yz 125 but i don't know any advice? B-)

it's a bit tricky to say because of you height, the yz 125 is a big bike. It has a great deal of power to. The XR 100 I think would be too small for you and if you got it you'd most likely out grow it fast. I think the yz would be a good choice because you can keep it forever and stock and it goes fast. My bro wants a yz 125 but he is waiting a bit so he can get more experienced and taller to have more control over the bike. I guess it comes down to that it will take time getting used to the bike.

defently get a kawi kx 125. they f*cking rip and there such nice bikes. my friends got one and its so sick. id buy a kawi over a yamaha dirtbike.

I'd suggest a kx80 or yz80 being that it will be your first bike but if you can, test ride a 125 and go from there. I have a KX125 and I'm like you 5'6 130 soaking wet and the bike is big for me, I have to tippy toe on it but I'm used to it now and am looking to get a bigger 250.

When I was 14 or 15 I had an old 100cc Yamaha, don't know the year, don't know the type. But it fricken ripped. I think I loved that bike more than life itself. I was kinda a short kid and it was a perfect fit.

Anyways, are you lookin' to get a brand new bike or a used one?

My friend's got a yamaha yz125, he's about 5'6 140lbs. Bike is too big for him but being he has some experience he knows how to overcome that size difference. It'll feel really funny to you at first and you probably won't like it. Stick with it and you'll master it.