dirt bike

lilblaster

Sep 3, 2007
NH
im thinking about bilding my self a dirt bike just a beeter just to screw around in the yard i can get a free frame and found a kx 250 motor and carb for $150. how mutch do u guys think i can get cables, tires/rims, bars, seat, gas tank,and any thing that i need for it to run would cost
or should i put the cash in to my blaster

i say build the dirtbike..cuz thats a hell of a deal for a complete dirtbike..cuz i think total u'll only be putting another 250-280 into it at most..i think..

for that much money you can't do TOO much to ur blaster, u have most of the cheap stuff done now..

i say put it in the blaster, get some porting an open that beast up!!!

No Crap!
Ok let's look at this logically. Ebay Parts:

Rims/Tires - 350.00
Plastics - 100.00
Handlebars/Grips/Levers/Forks/Triples/Cables - 700.00
Drive (Spockets, Chains, guides, etc) - 145.00
Seat - 65.00

I'm a complete cheap-ass. I'll cut out a nickel anywhere I can find a penny. But building a bike from basically scratch is crazy. It will add up fast. If ya want a dirtbike. Stand up and remove 1500 from your wallet. buy a mid 90's 250.

But my money would be on a KX250 in a Blaster. I'm currently sitting on a CR250 that is slated for a shifter. (warden won't let it go in "her" blaster) If ya have a blaster, you have extra parts. Build a second blaster, the parts are cheap as they come and the radiator can be a single instead of the split on the KX. Good luck and I hope it works with whatever path you chose.

oh sh*t i overlooked the forks and sh*t... holy damn.. i change my vote :p go blaster lol

every time i do somthin i always overlook forks and triples...bad habit i guess.. even though i do alot of sh*t with dirtbikes.. so yeah...little pricy to go into the dirtbike idea... (some of what redwood says may have been a BIT exaggerated..not too much tho) but yeah.. u are goin to spend quite a bit i guess..

ok ill probly just save my money and put it in my blaster or get a job and buy a decent dirt bike or put the money in to my car sence im geting my licens in 5 months

yea im selling a 96 yz 125 for 900 all done up in ok shape for what your spending on that bike you can get a nice bike

oh sh*t i overlooked the forks and sh*t... holy damn.. i change my vote :p go blaster lol

every time i do somthin i always overlook forks and triples...bad habit i guess.. even though i do alot of sh*t with dirtbikes.. so yeah...little pricy to go into the dirtbike idea... (some of what redwood says may have been a BIT exaggerated..not too much tho) but yeah.. u are goin to spend quite a bit i guess..

Bit Exaggerated my ass! Who extends a Swingarm 1in.?

If you put 150 bucks into your blaster, i would place it in MX style tires or just use it on maintanence (filters, good oil, quality BRGs/Bushings). It will make the biggest difference in the ride with a Blaster. Otherwise maybe nerf bars or a good set of reeds.

vforce 3 ($130) are a great set up. they come with the cage and reeds already installed. You will have to rejet. but outside a pipe, it is the most bolt on power. Boyensen also makes a set of reeds for 50 bucks and some guys swear by them. they will go directly into your stock cage.