Did i score or not?

You scored big time!

It does look like the reservoir has been leaking, but that's not a terrible thing. They're relatively easy to rebuild following VVVVVVVV that link down there.

Also, these are the bushings. If you don't want to dig around at the local hardware store, opt for the "with bolt" option.

http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/400EX Shock on a Blaster.html

The lower mount has to be drilled out to 12mm to allow the stock blaster pin to be installed. Not a complicated procedure and can be done (as long as you're careful) with a hand drill.

You scored big time!

It does look like the reservoir has been leaking, but that's not a terrible thing. They're relatively easy to rebuild following VVVVVVVV that link down there. How can you tell it is leaking and how to repair it?

Also, these are the bushings. If you don't want to dig around at the local hardware store, opt for the "with bolt" option.

http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/400EX Shock on a Blaster.html

The lower mount has to be drilled out to 12mm to allow the stock blaster pin to be installed. Not a complicated procedure and can be done (as long as you're careful) with a hand drill.
I have a friend who has a machine shop. thanks for the link also can I run it with the stock front shocks? Give some rep thanks.

score !!!!!!!

2r58783.jpg

i've had at least 3 of these and a few 450r's pass thru my hands, none needed rebuilt, i don't believe thats a common issue, i'd bet whats being seen in the pic may be something from lubing the bushing, or some wd-40 for easy removal, i'd wait till you get it in hand before determing if it is indeed blown ????
i'd bet against it though

I would just clean it real good and run it. You would be able to see if it's leaking after you ride it.

X2, if it's leaking, you can always pull it back off and rebuild it later.

To the OP: you'll know when you go to compress it, it'll have a "dead spot" where it's only spring action and not fluid resistance. If it does need rebuilding, parts are readily available at dealerships or from aftermarket manufacturers (all balls etc etc) to replace the seals and parts.

You can use this rear shock in nearly any combination of suspension setup. It's a VERYYYY hardy shock absorber. After installing it, you'll want to upgrade those stock front shocks though.... the 400ex rear will put the stock fronts to shame.... Banshee front shocks are a slight upgrade over blaster shocks but not like aftermarket shocks (or other types of shocks on aftermarket suspension). I'm using LTZ400 stock front shocks on my a-arms and they ride SOOOOO much better than stock suspension it's not even funny.