decisions decisions..

barker14

Apr 9, 2010
Nova Scotia Canada!
so I have had the blaster for a few months now, its a great little bike, starts every time and it works very good. but I want something with more power. I love 2 strokes so I have been looking around for a banshee or something similar. My cousin has a 400ex and I really don't like it that much, its not much faster than my blaster and it doesn't have the getup and go that I'm looking for. Most blasters around here go for about 1500 to 2200 and since mine has a few things done to it I hope to get close to 2000 for it. So for another 1000 to 1500 I can get a pretty nice banshee that's piped already... anyone have any other suggestions for bikes? I was also thinking about a 450 but im not sure what kind I would get? I ride a lot of pits, some trails, a bit of track, the odd smaller jump and the occasional little bit of mud, so a bike that sits a bit higher than the blaster would be good as well.

just thought Id put this out there before I put my blaster up for sale to see if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do?
Thanks!

well you are in canada so things tend to cost more up there, and dont take this the wrong way, in the US my bike would have sold from 1500 to 1800 and my bike was way nicer than yours (when i had it, i dont have a blaster anymore), dont take this wrong way, your bike is pretty nice to so im just saying.......in the US your bike would be about a 1000 to 1300 kinda bike, so in canada you could prob get close to 2000 so not a bad price......

im not trying to bad mouth your bike or anyones, just explaining.....heck you could probly pic up a decent banshee for around 2000.....may not be decked out but it would be ok...

so hope you can get what ya want

Get a banshee and u will never look At another bike. With all the peoa I ride with they say hey try my bike I look at them and say nah I like power.

haha no worries blaster 01. I know my bike isn't worth very much. If the plastics were in better shape it would be worth more, but even beat to hell blasters around here are for sale for around 1500 to 2000. I would be happy with 1800 for mine. I haven't found any banshees around for less than 3000 but for about 3500 I can get one that's piped and has some mods and in real good shape. How are banshees maintenance wise? I am pretty good with a wrench so I do most of my own repairs/rebuilds but I have never worked on a twin. I suppose its still a two stroke though so it should be fine.

trx250r or even an lt250r. Maybe you should sell your blaster in canada and then take a road trip south to find some cheaper quads?

would a trx250r or a lt250 be much better than the blaster? There only a few for sale around here but they want a lot for them. I can get a stock banshee for about the same price as a lt250 with a pipe and a few other small things done to it.

IMO the ltr and trx 250r are better than banshees, the 250rs arent that much much slower than banshees if not slower at all......and the 250rs have WAY better handleing, esspecially the honda trx 250r, IMO its the best 2 stroke quad ever made, you no all them fancy 450s? almost all of them base there frames off the trx 250r because it has the best suspension geometry......so go with a trx 250r and you wont be dissapointed

Exactly what brando and 01 said. Then if you think you need more power, get yourself a 310, 330, 350 or 370 cylinder for it and hang on

i vote banshee. i like the 250r but its just simthin about a banshee and the power options are just about endless and a cub with stock stroke thats set up right would own a 370.

two cylinders are more efficient than one. banshee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but realy tho a 250r is more of a relic it seems. and personally if got one i would build it to keep not to ride much . but a banshee i would build to ride the piss out of it, tear it down rebuild it and do it all again.

Well the problem is that there are only a few 250rs for sale around here and they want around 3000 and they are all 1980's when I can get a much newer banshee that's piped for the same price, or for a few hundred bucks more get a shee that's modded a bit. I am leaning towards the banshee as of right now..... now I just have to get my bike cleaned up and do some tinkering to get it ready for sale...

2 words for you... yamaha and banshee

there you go, better yet dont listen to any of these fools go ride one modded shee and a modded 250r and you pick. nothing will beat a flotek ported shee w/ the right mods.... nothing

^^^this is true^^^

you would spend a ton of money with a 250r. and like you said you would be way ahead of the game if you spent that on a shee thats for sure

^^^this is true^^^

you would spend a ton of money with a 250r. and like you said you would be way ahead of the game if you spent that on a shee thats for sure

Haha, thats hilarious!!! And your going to spend 2 tons of money on a shee.