Deciding what tires to go with for my 2004 Blaster

livinlouder07

May 13, 2011
Palm Bay, Fl
Hello I am debating on what tires to get for the rear. I have 8x8 rims.

Right now I am running a 20-11-8 Tire and is thinking about going with an 18 inch tire. Is sticking with 8x8 rim or going with an 8x9 a better choice?

Brands I am debating over:

STI Tech 4
Maxxis Razr ATV
or the ITP Holeshot mx6r

I do alot of flat track riding and a lot of trail riding and just wanting to get tires that would be best all around.

Thanks for any advice or opinions.

yeah 18's would be a huge no i have 22's and still get hung up some times and a friend of mine has 20's he gets hung up alot. Id say go with a 20 its a happy medium.

If your thinking of switching to 18's you better get used to getting your blaster stuck if your trail riding. 18's are only good for racing on dirt. A smaller tire = less weight distribution which then = getting stuck in mud or snow. I only trail ride and my 20" Holeshots are awesome and I still get stuck here and there. Trust me dont get the 18's if your trail riding.

With 18s, you lose a full 2 inches of ground clearance. Thats quite a bit. Not to mention what it does to your gearing. You cant even get back to stockish gearing on 18s with 14/40 gearing. Youd have to run 14/38 gearing to be close.

20s are a better bet IMO.

these tires right here are the Best! great for the trails bc they hook up on everything, and are a flat track tire. they've been on my '95 blaster for over a year and have hardly any wear on them. great tire all around i think!:D

Duro HF245 Sport ATV Tire | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

How do they do in mud? I need some also and have seen these but figured that the tread was to tight and wouldn't clean out.

With 18s, you lose a full 2 inches of ground clearance. Thats quite a bit. Not to mention what it does to your gearing. You cant even get back to stockish gearing on 18s with 14/40 gearing. Youd have to run 14/38 gearing to be close.

20s are a better bet IMO.

actually you only lose 1 inch of ground clearance.

the 18's require a LOT more thinking on the trails, 20's will be a better choice if that's all you are doing