Dealership rip off

07EigerRider

Feb 23, 2009
Austintown, OH
My dad needed a starter assembly for a 95 accord. He called the Honda shop, $275 with only a 3 year warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went to Auto Zone and got a Duralast with a lifetime warranty for $104. I feel bad for those ppl that cant fix their own car and end up paying out the ass. Any other dealer horror stories?

My dad needed a starter assembly for a 95 accord. He called the Honda shop, $275 with only a 3 year warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went to Auto Zone and got a Duralast with a lifetime warranty for $104. I feel bad for those ppl that cant fix their own car and end up paying out the ass. Any other dealer horror stories?

the starter from the dealership is a brand new starter..
the duralast one is a reman. (some times ive had to use all the spacers they supply to get the starter to work right)

dosen't matter what kind of dealership, they're all in it to make money. And yes, sad when people have to spend $50+ dollars an hour labor

the dealership parts are expensive for a reason cause they are top quality the starter for the accord from the dealer would probably be the last starter that car would ever need will last way longer that 3 years the auto zone starter is lifetime guarenteed for a reason cause they go bad often and are remaned with used parts they slam some new brushes and bearing in quick cote of gloss black and ship it

the dealership parts are expensive for a reason cause they are top quality the starter for the accord from the dealer would probably be the last starter that car would ever need will last way longer that 3 years the auto zone starter is lifetime guarenteed for a reason cause they go bad often and are remaned with used parts they slam some new brushes and bearing in quick cote of gloss black and ship it

with a lifetime warenty espescially, a rebuilt starter is perfectly good and will last plenty long. defently the better route.

go to NAPA they also sell new starters. It will be more than one of their 3 year or lifetime reman starters but still cheaper than the oe honda one. Bottom line when it comes to part, you get what you pay for. There are not very many repair shops that would buy a starter from Autozone and put it on your car (they want to only do the job once). Most of the best shops use OEM parts or, NAPA or Carquest parts.