Custom oil pump cover, for removed oil pump..

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
Some pics of my custom cover for a romoved oil pump...I:II:I

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 439
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 408
Looks great.

So are you going to machine a block for it so its flush with the clutch cover?
THANKS..
No block, going to bolt it on flat. I had to grind out obout 1/16'' of the back side to fit over the high spot were the water pump would be, if it had one... Im trying to keep it lighter then the stock cover... I started to make one out of 1/4 plate Diamond plate aluminum but it was heaver then the stock cover, so this one is 3/16 Diamond plate aluminum...

nice did you ever finsh the air scoops that oil pump cover and the diamond plate air scoops would look so sick together thats wht me thinks

THANKS..
No block, going to bolt it on flat. I had to grind out obout 1/16'' of the back side to fit over the high spot were the water pump would be, if it had one... Im trying to keep it lighter then the stock cover... I started to make one out of 1/4 plate Diamond plate aluminum but it was heaver then the stock cover, so this one is 3/16 Diamond plate aluminum...
Sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to seeing it on! I:I

nice did you ever finsh the air scoops that oil pump cover and the diamond plate air scoops would look so sick together thats wht me thinks

THANKS
I did not finsh the scoop.. I made a few different patterns for a scoop, and i dont know if i like any of them...lol

where does everyone get those plates above the pegs to block the frame off.

I also hit the clutch cover with the DA sander with 220 paper then 500 paper and finished with 2500 paper by hand, it took less then 10 min... Now i need some alum polish...I:I

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 370
What did you use to make the pattern? Just trace the old cover? And how'd you cut it so clean?

I used the old cover as a pattern, but there was a gap on the radius part so i made a new one with extra material and kept cutting a little off at a time to make it fit good... I used a band saw to cut it and a die grinder with a drum sander head and a angle head die grinder with a 2'' sanding head for the fine tuning..