Custom nitrous kit

strokeddemon

Sep 12, 2013
manquin,va
Hey yall. I currently have a efi wet nos sniper kit on my street car. I Have been thinking a lot about switching it to my blaster. Want to ditch the timing key and get an adjustable stator plate and oem key and mount a battery. Would mount the fogger in my airbox and block off the fuel side and run a 10hp dry shot to start with. Would raising the main jet drastically be enough to keep it from running lean? Only thing i can think of without running a fuel pump. Any comments and advice are appreciated

All you will do is blow it up. You can't increase the jet size to work with the NOS because it would be to rich to even start and run. It's just a waste of time to even try. You could build a 40hp Blaster engine cheaper the. It would cost to make NOS work on a Blaster engine.

Now thats my type of fun!!!

Firstly, dont even attempt trying the dry shot. You could possibly get away with 1 or 2 hp like that, but I would run wet.
I have heard that you can use the wet injection without a fuel pump, but the fogger jet sizes are quite large then. I think there is a article on the net reguarding nitrous for motorcycles, that dont use a pump.
If it was me, I would just put in a cheap facet pump (for carbs), then you at least have more or less constant fuel pressure, that does not fluctuate with fuel tank levels.
I would make an adaptor between the reeds an carb (hint: have a look at the boot, notice the protrusion at the top)

Lastly: watch out for detonation! And don't get greedy for power!

O, almost forgot the most important thing.
If you don't understand how to setup nitrous properly, or know somebody who does, and can help you, you WILL wreck the engine. And that normally happens in seconds...

Watch out for flipping when hitting the fun button too...

Why wouldn't it run right? The main jet is for wot and that's the only time it would be used. i have a fresh built motor but looking for a little bit more for the 300ft. I've had success with nitrous just never tried it on a quad

Why wouldn't it run right? The main jet is for wot and that's the only time it would be used. i have a fresh built motor but looking for a little bit more for the 300ft. I've had success with nitrous just never tried it on a quad

Cause a blaster isn't fuel injected. You have to run a wet system. Anytime you add air or in this case, nitrous, you have to add fuel or you will lean it so much you well melt everything. Than you need to meter it. Banshee racers use nitrous, search some sites and you can find more answers.

Hey yall. I currently have a efi wet nos sniper kit on my street car. I Have been thinking a lot about switching it to my blaster. Want to ditch the timing key and get an adjustable stator plate and oem key and mount a battery. Would mount the fogger in my airbox and block off the fuel side and run a 10hp dry shot to start with. Would raising the main jet drastically be enough to keep it from running lean? Only thing i can think of without running a fuel pump. Any comments and advice are appreciated

How about some pics to see what your working with.

Saw a guy with that system on a raptor I think it was. Never saw a vertical 180 before that. But you will also have to take into account the pressure you would be putting on your heads. And correct me if im wrong but since its a shot you wouldn't rejet much because its not constant like a turbo or super charger would be. Couldn't you essentially rig up a oil pump to inject when the nos hit to keep wear down? Just throwin out thoughts

Yeh, i saw a video of a 450 with nos. at least a 12" extended swinger... Did a wheelie off take-off, hit the nos, flipped it and it landed on top of him breaking his back

Anything is possible, but if you dont have enough money to rebuild you bike 5 times, or get a few more engines, dont do this

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Have decided to go a different route. I have way too much invested in my new motor. Seems like i would run into way to many issues trying to use my that kit