Custom grab bar

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
Well my stock grab bar was bent when i got it, then i made my own, then a buddy bent it on me, so here is another one. And know i am not an awful fabber, just don't want it too strong that the frame will bend first. :p

I made it out of 1-1/4" flat stock and 1" hydrolic pipe

2h3y4q0.jpg

n1v0g3.jpg

2dmfbz5.jpg

The dog was wonderin what i was takin pics of, and she wanted one of her i think, may as well throw it on here

xao0hi.jpg

Isn't that the dumbest thing u ever seen

i like it i have on mine that sombody homemade and idk how but it broke my frame right before the welds it doesnt show any signs of bending so imnot sure what brake it i dont aver use that thing but topick up the back end tomove it in the garage but i do have a fat 220 pound friend that likes to break things withoutt telling me so i wouldnt be surprised if he sat on it or something

i like it but i have seen this grab bar before.....but did an exlet job.........big bumps for u though dont wanna make like im puting u down though i made one an i thought it look like sh#it but it is for sale if any one want 2 see it lololololoollool good job,,,, later

Well my stock grab bar was bent when i got it, then i made my own, then a buddy bent it on me, so here is another one. And know i am not an awful fabber, just don't want it too strong that the frame will bend first. :p

Looks nice! i made one like that a few weeks back! put im not great at welding :( any tips (stick welder)

Ive made 3 or 4 now from bending electrical conduit around... no welding needed. They work great because it will take a beating, but snap before it bends the frame. I pound the ends flat to fit it and drill two holes on each side where it bolts on. It will snap right where you flatten it, but trust me- it takes quite a hit. The only problem is finding a pipe-bender. I am so used to it being round, that I wouldn't even like a square one now. Nice fab anyhow.

nice job man. i made one and it wasnt really strong but i had to make due cuz i f*cked up my stock one. one wheelie over and i bent my home made one so i bent it back and re-welded it. good as new...or whatever you would call it lol.

nice fab bro, i made a couple already and it was out of 1" scedual 80 carbon pipe. never bent and can drag it across the pavment forever. but once that happens ill weld a plate to the pipe like a drag plate. i have thought about make a grab bar that has a center pipe on bearings that way it would act like a whillie bar. anyways nice job

but im not great at welding :( any tips (stick welder)

Yip don't be afraid to turn the heat up it will smooth out those humps! I do both kinds of welding and prefer Mig as it's cleaner and ya don't have to chip off the flux!

2h3y4q0.jpg

n1v0g3.jpg

2dmfbz5.jpg

The dog was wonderin what i was takin pics of, and she wanted one of her i think, may as well throw it on here

xao0hi.jpg

I like it too. Nothing like fabbin your own stuff! BTW- Ya don't see too many white Boxers! Cute.