Couple of Questions

sytanek

Jan 31, 2009
I am looking at buying a couple used ATV's for me and the wife, to basically take out in the Florida mud...can get pretty nasty, holes get several feet deep of water too. Not completely new to 4 wheelin just never owned my own. Usually borrow my buddys LTZ250. Seems to be a swarm of blasters for around a grand around my area, which is close to what I'm wanting to spend. Have found some Bayou's and a polaris here or there, but wanted to see what you guys would recommend. Not really worried about racing anyone, but want something that would be decent in the mud/water and be able to hang with my buddy's LTZ when we go out together. Appreciate any and all suggestions, thanks!

welcome to the site... im in fla as well. where in fla are you??
as for mudding and water i wouldnt really suggest a blaster for the type of ridding your gonna be doing..

welcome to the site... im in fla as well. where in fla are you??
as for mudding and water i wouldnt really suggest a blaster for the type of ridding your gonna be doing..

Nice to meet you, I live in Deltona, bout halfway between Orlando and Daytona. I had seen some setups from browsing through the site that looked like they would work, but as you know I'm sure, our holes can get pretty ugly...lol

im in inverness. about 20 miles south of ocala..
I grew up in miami so i did alot of ridding in the everglade's and i know the holes can get deep..
i like the blaster for several reasons one being this site.. its a great site for all the information you could ever need for these bike's..
they are easy to work on, lightwight, quick, and they look good.. lol
being two wheel drive is the downfall for mudding light mud is ok but if your trying to follow your buddy on a grizzley or foreman you can forget it might as well leave the rope attached and let them pull you around..

Rofl, not as worried about following the 4x4 around, because half of my friends that have them get stuck in the same spots the 2wd do. But would like to keep up with the buddies that have 2wd ones. I love this site, been lurking for a couple days reading all about the blasters, and how to work on them, etc. I really can't afford one of the big boys, but always love being the underdog and showing off my riding skills :) I like how lite the blaster is, was hoping to maybe float it across some of the "ponds".

never tried it but the bike is very light and there is tons of things you can do to them to make them faster.. if you do get stuck its nice to have a bike you can lift out.. there is an 04 for sale for 750 in tampa CR..
they are very affordable bike's and they are alot of fun.. i got one and i got my gf one as well..

i live in fl to im in titusville its like 30 min from orlando and 45 from daytona.we have a spot were lots and lots of people go with atv and trucks its called 5A b/c of what exit its off of and the mud holes out there get some 5 ft deep and deeper

i live in fl to im in titusville its like 30 min from orlando and 45 from daytona.we have a spot were lots and lots of people go with atv and trucks its called 5A b/c of what exit its off of and the mud holes out there get some 5 ft deep and deeper

5A is aka the Mondex right? We go in on the Osteen / Maytown Road side. Seems like law enforcement is stricter on your side of the property than our side from what I have read/....

How do your blasters handle out there?

sounds like you guys are close.. one day we'll all have to get togeather at crooms or something

Yeah it's not to bad of a drive. Don't know if you guys have heard of it, but Ill be at the April mudmucker's in Bunnel. mudmuckers.com, should check it out.

yea its aka mondex.i have had no problem or anyone i know hasnt had any problem with the cops.they handle pretty good out there its really dry out there right now.when i first stated riding out there is was really wet and could get past one hole b/c it was really deep,but no its dry i know where to go when it gets all wet again and it will be shallow in that spot