Christmas Story

Oldfart1stATV

Oct 29, 2007
Well, my boy has never rode a clutch machine before. So I figure it's time to teach him. He gets it pretty good in first gear and tools up and down the street. He goes up the drive through the yard and down the curb. After about 10 minutes I figure i'll get to go up the curb. Not to bright!! Anyway, he's game so he goes for it after I tell him to hit the curb straight on. Now my kid is a bit small, maye 70# soaking wet after a good meal. He hits the curb and all he could do was floor it. Well lemme tell you, it was one of the finest wheelies i have seen in a long time..... for about 5 yds. At t hat point it was straight up and down and still gaining speed. He flops off the back and lands on his ass and back. The quad ghost rides into my house and skips off goes a little farther and smacks my fence and stops on my hibiscus plant. Small gash in the siding, but everyone is alright. I play it cool and get him right back on it, tooling down the street in first. He's good to go. Needless to say we got helmets now and I'm gonna rig a kill switch next.

"Wheelie Boy" is his new nick name.

I'm a little concerned. His nothing ass on a stock Blaster may be able to take my fat ass on my 240. That and the fact that when he get's comfy on it, like this summer probably, he can dam near achieve mach II. I would love to be 70# on one of these things!!!

A

cool story the kind i like..... jr is just about to teach dad a lesson in quad driving ,trust me overnight he will beat you at everything!!!! and one day he is going to get married and have kids and gess wath the wheel keep on spinning!!! have a happy new year!!!!

Good stuff, and getting back on it is even better. He'll probly be right at home on it before long. wish I could still take the spills like a Kido=)
.....you probly know or what not but there is a throttle set screw on the thumb throttle, may want to set that screw in a bit, would keep him on the ground while he learns.

haha, nice story, glad to hear he got right back on it

i remember when i first learned tho.."sean..dont let the clutch out too fast" --- "what dad??" *Pops clutch* weeeee....flipped over (he was teaching me..on a 250r o_O i was 8 years old lmao) i didn't get on for a little bit cuz i couldn't breathe :p but all in all, i still ride that 250r, it still flies, and i still ocassionally throw myself off the back lol

Yuparoo

I think we all have done the ol' ass flop before. I did everything wrong except get him back on it. No safety gear, instigated him in trying something new and a little beyond what he was ready for, didn't turn the throttle screw in, yadda yadda.
At least we are alright.

We all have the memries of those "times" sh*t went a little crazy. I had hoped it wasn't his first try, but, hey, at least it's done!!

I think Randelator has it right, the kids gonna put me to shame in no time!!

I haven't pulled a good wheelie in a long time, I like to get the front wheels up, but usually put them right back down.

Oh well, I think I need me a coil, too.

A

thats the lesson to learn, kik the quads ass, dont let it kik yours, and i agree i remember my fun learning experiences, blood sweat and tears was all a part of the game for me and its made me better, and now im damn near fearless, it is good to hear everyone is alright, plants grow back and they make siding everyday, so now you kan help someone keep their job, lol, just wait for thje donut that goes from spinning like a top to a wheelie and them boom, laying on its side