Check out my piston !

Dirty air filter = richer than it should be, not procucing enough heat to burn off the oil.

Why 40:1, I run bean oil at 25:1 no carbon problems?

Ehh I just feel good about running 40-1, I have had many people tell me they run, or suggest running 40-1 in the blaster. I will admit that I have had more people ( on the forum anyway ) tell me to run at 32-1. 40-1 is the ratio I have been using since I got my blaster, and with the quality oil and proper jetting, I have had good results. I think its cool that the both of us are just on the other side of the 32-1 fence . . . Even tho we're on opposite sides. What made you want to experiment, and choose your preferred ratio ? Come the nice weather I would not be opposed to experimenting with ratios, jetting, and of course plug chopping.

I say remove the cylinder and inspect everything! Its easy,fun,and you learn alot. As for what oil ratio,don't ask me...I run the oil injection.

joeak47 : I say remove the cylinder and inspect everything! Its easy,fun,and you learn alot.

I agree 100% . . . When I rebuilt my top/bottom end 4 or 5 hours felt like mayybee 2 ! That was the first time I've tore apart a motor like that and my knowledge as well as my confidence flew through the roof. I'll order a base gasket and hold off on pullin the cylinder/jug until I have it. With my luck if I tore it apart now the next week straight would be sweet ridin weather and I'd be rideless haha.

Put a little more oil in the mix 32:1, it may just run a little hotter (due to the less fuel in the mix), enough to burn off that oil that is producing the carbon.

Plug chop to confirn the jetting.