chain guide rollers

brycekd

May 29, 2014
Houston Texas
Ok i have a 2002-2003 Blaster and my chain guide rollers are gone. I went to the yamaha dealer and told them what i needed. the said they had mooes rollers that would fit. THEY did not fit,they came with the roller,bearing and nut and bolt. the bearing will not fit on to the post that is connected to the frame.can some body please help me, give me the right part number for the rollers.

Does the bearing fit tight on the bolt? I know some of the aftermarket rollers you just cut the post back and bolt em up. I haven't done this yet, but I'm sure someone who has will come along

cut the posts off the frame, carefully smooth with file or grinder removing all burrs, leaving the factory tab and nut welded to the outside.
pop the seals of the roller using the very tip of a utility knife blade and pack them with a good red or blue waterproof grease, replace seals
slide bolt thru roller w/ washer on each side (should be provided w/ roller)
thread new bolt into that welded nut on the stock tab, tighten until the roller just gets slightly hard to turn, back it off a 1/4-1/2 turn, while holding the bolt head from turning, lock in place with the nylock nut provided with the new roller.

been doing this for years to every blaster i have/work on

I use aftermarket rollers on mine, you have to cut post completely off an drill 5/16 hole in the frame tabs in the center of were the post was, an then nut an bolt them onto the frame, but usually they only give you one washer in the kit, you need 2 one on each side of the roller so that it dont bind up on the frame, the washers allow the bearings to turn freely

/\ very similar procedure, but every one i've used (bought for blaster/banshee) the bolt threads into the stock tab/nut, then nylock nut to lockdown

very similar procedure, but every one i've used (bought for blaster/banshee) the bolt threads into the stock tab/nut, then nylock nut to lockdown
The ones i just got were banshee size from msr, an they only had one washer per roller kit, an the bolts may have fit at one time but after all these years the threads were all blown out, both my bikes have at aftermarket rollers for years, an many sets