cbr rear breaks

They had good pics. I looked pretty carefully I think it will. If it does I'll have pics in a couple weeks. For $30 I have to try.

the problem i saw with most other streetbike calipers, besides the certain years gsxr's i use, is they use the stock bracket as a slide on one end of the pads, and others the slide pins screw into the stock, thick, aluminum bracket, and i saw no way to incorporate it.
tuned in to see what you come up with.

edit:
yep, it appears the cbr brake pads do indeed use the stock bracket as a slide for one end of the brake pads, and a slide pin for the other...........

cbr.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking the top of the tab the arrows are pointing to. Add a hole there & put a pin through it from the new bracket

I was thinking the top of the tab the arrows are pointing to. Add a hole there & put a pin through it from the new bracket

maybe ?

wish you'd have started this thread before you jumped into the fire, i coulda suggested calipers, or even sent you the 2 or 3 like that you ordered for free to experiment with.
i bought them cheap as a complete set, just for the master cylinder, the calipers are laying here and about ready to go for scrap aluminum

Wish I would have noticed before I ordered lol. But on the up side of I can't make it work the only thing I have to do is get a caliper.

Just got a caliper from my buddy. Not sure if it works but a rebuild kit is cheap. Now just to play the waiting game on the rest. I won't have more than $50 in the whole thing

Lol I'll get them in the morning. Been laying tile all day. I can't move. What you think about oxy-ace welding on the frame? Don't have a mig anymore