Case oil seal nightmare

BSGracing

Feb 17, 2014
I'm new to this forum and have heard good things looking for good opinions so here goes it I Just bought a 97 blaster for the kids for 400 bucks. After the first trip 1 hour of riding it the thing locks up. Pulled the motor split the cases. The crank lost one thrust washer and chewed it up and spit it everywhere. Looks like whoever built this motor either had no clue what they were doing or just didn't care. My concerns are a few, firsts the left side main bearing seal.where the seal sits in the case has dings in as if someone tried to hammer out the seal with a screwdriver???? Can this be honed out enough to smooth out the rough edges or should the case be replaced?? Second is that the counter balance shaft looks as if it has been grinding on the case both sides left and right? Has anyone ever heard of this type of a problem?? I'd hate to buy a new shaft and the problem reoccurs. This thing has been nothing but a nightmare. Third I'm replacing the crank, main bearings,oil seals, all gaskets should I replace all the other bearings in the bottom end as we'll or should they be fine as long as they seem to spin fine and don't have excessive play.. Any help would be great !!!! Thanks

Regardless of the conditions of the bearings. It's always best to replace them ALL while you have it open. They spin much differently when the engine is screaming compared to spinning them by hand. Peace of mind, change them all out with new.

Reactions: BSGracing
Any idea on the other issues??? I'd hate to send out a motor to kor in a bunch of pieces for something I can go in my shop, but I do hear kor builds some purdy bad a$$ stuff!! Thanks again for all the input !!!