Carb settings question

Rancher

Oct 7, 2012
Below is a picture of the pin that slides down the throttle body (peice that slides up and down) and keeps it in line. i noticed that there r 5 settings for the c clip on the top. Its currently in the middle position. also how many turns out should the main jet be? Running a 32 to 1 oil to fuel and i have a fmf fatty exhaust on. any help would be great!

Attachments

• 2012-10-14 16.41.45.jpg
    2012-10-14 16.41.45.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 110
that should stay on the middle slot like it is. run's best there. the main jet should be tightened all the way down. but i think you are speaking of the brass, flathead screw on the side of the carb. that is the idle screw. it should be screwed all the way in.(lightly seated) then backed out 1.5 turns.

Firstly you should have a #270 + main jet.

Needle on middle clip.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out. ( the screw you refer to as main jet screw)

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. (Either on top of the TORS or midway on the carby.)

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Then plug chop to confirm jetting.

Thanks guys! I did infact mean the idle skrew.. my bad. will i need to replace the seal on the bowl, or will it still be good? Also if you could direct me to a good sight to find the new 270 jet? it curentky has a 145 on the bittom of the jet. would this be possible to bore out? thanks agian

Your carb seems to have been upgraded and not the stock Mikuni. The #270 main jet I quoted was for a stock carb.

Do not try to bore it out.

The seal is usually good for a few teardowns unless it is broken.

Take a look at the carb and see what make it is and post your findings and someone will chime in with some info for you.

Here is a pic of the carb. i dont have any other onres with me right niw but will get some later. it matched the diagrams in the parts manuals.

Attachments

• 2012-10-14 15.14.58.jpg
    2012-10-14 15.14.58.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 107