Buying 99 240 Blaster: Reliability?

tornpvp

Mar 28, 2013
Montreal, QC
So hi guys, I am new to blaster and i found a very nice one... here's a small list of the mods:

Link to the pictures (NOTE: This is french language in the description, yes i live in Montreal ><): VTT yamaha blaster Usagé à vendre ou à louer à St-Jérôme. LesPAC.com - annonces classées

Big Bore
Wiseco Piston
Hot Rods 4mm striker crank
Hot Rods bearings
Planned Head
k&n filter
DG Pipe
and maybe more things... im not too sure

I went to see the blaster and it starts at 1st kick and runs very well... there's only back breaks to be done but that's nothing...

My question is: Are modded blasters like that still very reliable? I am kinda afraid of buying a really modded quad and i want some advises from ppl that are actually into Blasters!
Any help appreciated, Thanks alot! I:I

if it doesent have air leaks and it is jetted right and has ben taken care of they will last i think as long as a stock blaster but if you get it id get rid of the dg pipe and get somthing a lil better synce the dg is just about the same thing as stock but it is a lil better than stock though

How can i know if it is jetted right? The rebuild has been done 7-8 tanks ago, compression seems really good, i can feel it when i cranked it!

take the bowl off of the carb amd the jet in the middle should have a number on it im guessing 330 but stock is 230 i think if its a stock minnikuni 26mm carb if its bigger i have no clue what it would be maby some one else will chime in and LEAK TEST BEFOR YOU BUY IT

i don't know man, he lists hot rods 4mm crank, wiseco piston, and every other make of aftermarket part on it

yet fails to mention vito's for the 240 cylinder ?
is this another bored .40 = 240 joke ?
(@ torn---bored .40 over does not = 240cc big bore )

i'd be asking where, when, who and how thats a 240 cylinder

i don't know man, he lists hot rods 4mm crank, wiseco piston, and every other make of aftermarket part on it

yet fails to mention vito's for the 240 cylinder ?
is this another bored .40 = 240 joke ?
(@ torn---bored .40 over does not = 240cc big bore )

i'd be asking where, when, who and how thats a 240 cylinder

X-2 on this ^^^ Plus the fact that someone doing a "TRUE" 240 would have done the homework and picked a better pipe.

Highly unlikely someone will let you tear their $hit apart to do a leakdown test just to buy it. Comp test ok, but a LD?? Get real, I know I sure as he77 wouldn't. :eek: X(

Well i have all kinds of recipes for the motor build, motor is still on warranty for the next 6 months (YAY!) and for the leak down test... I didn't ask the guy for it because he had like 8 other ppl wanting to see the quad so i guess he wouldn't let me... but the thing is... i got the Blaster for 1000$ and i have 1500$ in recipes and motor is still on warranty, i am very happy!

PS: Ran the quad for 5 minutes today, i almost sh*t my pants, THIS THING IS HELLA FAST! Cant wait for this summer to ride it in the woods!!! :)

Well i have all kinds of recipes for the motor build, motor is still on warranty for the next 6 months (YAY!) and for the leak down test... I didn't ask the guy for it because he had like 8 other ppl wanting to see the quad so i guess he wouldn't let me... but the thing is... i got the Blaster for 1000$ and i have 1500$ in recipes and motor is still on warranty, i am very happy!

PS: Ran the quad for 5 minutes today, i almost sh*t my pants, THIS THING IS HELLA FAST! Cant wait for this summer to ride it in the woods!!! :)

congrats, get us some pics posted up !!!! I:I

Ya lol i got to calm down because i feel like it'll cost me alot of money on pimping this machine heh I:I

$4/5000 is very easy to do I:I