Brake cable to eliminate parking brake

LOCSTA

Aug 11, 2009
Draper, Utah
Where can I get a short rear brake cable to eliminate the parking brake? I don't want the rear brake cable going from the rear brake pedal to the handle bars.

Thanks

Remember to get your block of plate. Cleans the caliper up a lot... like $10-12 depending on what brand. My LSR plate was $12 and has a cool design. The $10 ones do just fine too. Rockymountainatv.com or Project Blaster sells the plate.

This one is cheaper. Same part. Some people call it a shorty cable. Longer ones are available for extended swingarms.
Yamaha Blaster 1988 1989 1990 Rear Foot Brake Cable NEW: eBay Motors (item 120619246631 end time Oct-08-10 07:39:19 PDT)

Don't worry about a block-off plate. That is only for 03+ hydros.

And Luni, my friend, there are two good reasons to do this. One, the 88-02 brakes are a big enough pain in the butt to adjust without worrying about a stupid parking brake (yes I still have mine but I hate it). And two, if you want to add cool, performance levers (like ASVs) then you would find yourself with a lot of cable and no place to put it. (kinda hanging out there like a long black weenie)

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember to get your block of plate. Cleans the caliper up a lot... like $10-12 depending on what brand. My LSR plate was $12 and has a cool design. The $10 ones do just fine too. Rockymountainatv.com or Project Blaster sells the plate.

Where does the plate go and what does it do?

Thanks

Like I said, if you had 03+ hydro rear brakes then you might want one. They use a separate manual ebrake cable from the left (clutch) lever to a lever on the rear caliper. After removing that cable it is kinda ugly. Several companies make a slick block-off plate that replaces the lever on the caliper.

Last edited:
deniss kirk has the motion pro shorty cable for like 30 bucks but on back order till mid oct is what i was told when i went to order mine yesterday.... instead i got the exact kit but the brand is spi for 25 bucks off ebay.... id try that..... these kits are actually hard to get right now! everyone is buying them!

I have a question. I have a 93 blaster. I am trying to replace the shorty rear brake cable. But no matter what I do the cable seems to be 1inch short after connecting to caliper then trying to connect to pedal. Is there a trick to adjust to get to work? I have a motion pro cable