Boost bottle

Boost bottles had their place, but not on a Blaster engine. They aren't worth the expense or hassle to install one. You won't see any noticible performance gain by putting one on. Save your $$ and get a set of VF3 reeds, a pipe, UNI filter, and a 28mm PWK carburetor if you are after better performance and throttle response.

Boost bottles provide a performance boost from idle or just off throttle to mid throttle on 2 stroke engines that don't use reed valves , my bro back in the late 80's and 90's designed and build and made a lot of money making them . The pocket bike rage used these engines that didn't have reed valves , just port timing and port position in the cylinder . This set up would cause air and fuel to always be forced back through the carburetor , causing a overrich ( subsequent bogging ) on the next on throttle position . Essentially the problem was cause on cornering so you have a powerloss getting back onto the throttle . The boost bottle gave that excess air and fuel a place to go instead of back through the carb and that aggitated atomized mixture is drawn from 1st from the boost bottle , it acts like a lung , the engine breathes first from it , then turns to the carb to keep feeding it fuel . The reed valves basically take the place of the bottle by trapping the excess air/fuel mixture in the crank case .

Boost bottles provide a performance boost from idle or just off throttle to mid throttle on 2 stroke engines that don't use reed valves , my bro back in the late 80's and 90's designed and build and made a lot of money making them . The pocket bike rage used these engines that didn't have reed valves , just port timing and port position in the cylinder . This set up would cause air and fuel to always be forced back through the carburetor , causing a overrich ( subsequent bogging ) on the next on throttle position . Essentially the problem was cause on cornering so you have a powerloss getting back onto the throttle . The boost bottle gave that excess air and fuel a place to go instead of back through the carb and that aggitated atomized mixture is drawn from 1st from the boost bottle , it acts like a lung , the engine breathes first from it , then turns to the carb to keep feeding it fuel . The reed valves basically take the place of the bottle by trapping the excess air/fuel mixture in the crank case .

Hence why it's the biggest scam out there with anybody running reeds. I wish somebody would put those companies in their place that even sell them. Just about every Banshee I see on craigslist nowadays has a boost bottle because people get it simply because it "sounds cool". 8-| It's just embarrassing to me as a human being to see those people in my species. :(

BoostBottleDyno.jpg

Hence why it's the biggest scam out there with anybody running reeds. I wish somebody would put those companies in their place that even sell them. Just about every Banshee I see on craigslist nowadays has a boost bottle because people get it simply because it "sounds cool". 8-| It's just embarrassing to me as a human being to see those people in my species. :(

BoostBottleDyno.jpg

I think you take stuff way too personal bro....
as for the Banshee the Boost Bottle / Crossover Tube is used to equalize the pressure bewteen the 2 carbs . as the intake ports open on the right cylinder the unused fuel/air that is trapped between the reeds and the slide are sucked over to the other side and used . It is designed to even out the idle and just off idle response .

I think you take stuff way too personal bro....
as for the Banshee the Boost Bottle / Crossover Tube is used to equalize the pressure bewteen the 2 carbs . as the intake ports open on the right cylinder the unused fuel/air that is trapped between the reeds and the slide are sucked over to the other side and used . It is designed to even out the idle and just off idle response .

For the sake of not making this confusing, I'm just redoing the post. I:I

The boost bottle theoretically takes the same role as 2 in 1 carb at that point. While I could see how could POSSIBLY be beneficial in smoothing out an idle, at higher RPMs, the velocity of the air flow would be compromise by being diverted at different angles and it decreases the volumetric efficiency of running at anything above idle like you said.

My take on the boost bottle is it has always been kind of a hillybilly garage tech maneuver that caught on big, yet really does not much of anything. In the case of the Blaster, it would decrease performance. As far as the Banshee or multi cylinder setups(that are similar to the Banshee), it still proves much of no use. It won't eliminate any of the Banshee bog except for maybe getting into gear and the top end power will be compromised.....probably not a lot...but it certainly won't be improved.

Not really disagreeing bro....mostly agreeing, but just saying. I:I

heres another thought , just for the sake of it , IF you had a reed spacer plate that had a port on it and the bottle connected to that so it was scavenging excess fuel/oil from the crankcase , it would have a effect on the engine performance . Like on the old pocket bikes once we had those bottles on there it was night and day difference , we would race in parking lots , set up courses and run every week-end . when my bro set his up and kind of ran away from everybody , thats when they became the mod to have . our crew had them for a couple months , then he decided to start making lots of them and sold them like crazy .