Bogs

Flagstaff Fury

Jul 21, 2009
Elkhorn, WI
I just bought this Blaster 2 days ago. I ran it for the first time today. IT RUNS SWEET! But I have noticed a little bogging if I'm not in the powerband. I can barley lug it. Does the power valve need to be cleaned? The air filter is clean, and I am going to check the carb. Just curious if that is a common problem. Thanks!

I just bought this Blaster 2 days ago. I ran it for the first time today. IT RUNS SWEET! But I have noticed a little bogging if I'm not in the powerband. I can barley lug it. Does the power valve need to be cleaned? The air filter is clean, and I am going to check the carb. Just curious if that is a common problem. Thanks!

i dont think they have a power valve its probly just a jetting issue

if it chokes out under full throttle in 3rd and higher try adjusting the air fuel ratio screw on the carb to 1 and 1/2 turns. mine "broke" like that 2 weeks after gettin it and was runnin bout 2 turns out-too rich but only from vibating so much

check your jetting if it is ok you can move the needle clip up or down 1 spot at a time that will slightly richen the mixture(down) if it is a lean bog (up) will lean it out. it is just 1 of the many tuning tricks but the air fuel screw only is at work from idle to about 1/4 throttle dont mess with it if your problem is higher in the rpm range

Well I came to find out I was using the wrong mix. I was using too much oil. I am going to replace the plug that I fouled, and try it at 40:1. We'll see how she does after this. The guy I bought it from said he had raced it 5 times already this year with the carb re jetted at the beginning of this season. So I don't think its the machines fault. It's mine. Thanks for the help guys!

check your jetting if it is ok you can move the needle clip up or down 1 spot at a time that will slightly richen the mixture(down) if it is a lean bog (up) will lean it out. it is just 1 of the many tuning tricks but the air fuel screw only is at work from idle to about 1/4 throttle dont mess with it if your problem is higher in the rpm range

i didnt know the air fuel screw only went up to 1/4 throttle. good to know

Blaster bogs in 1st and 2nd.

I have a rebuilt blaster which I have raised from the dead. The problem is that it starts on the first kick but runs rough until the rpm climb. 1st and 2nd gear are pigs but in the middle of 3rd gear it jumps up and goes great. i tired to adjust the idle /air screw . The carb was cleaned and put back together and I used a small metal wire and cleaned all passages. Any thoughts? Mixture is 32:1. Do I want to go to 40 :1 ?

Chuck

Ok, so DO NOT use a metal wire to clean your carb. You should try adjusting your needle clip