Blaster wont idel and NO Bottom End Power!

Cobb

Oct 22, 2009
OK im new to the forum and before i joined i searched threw it trying to find the answer to my problem.
I bought a 2002 Blaster with nothing but a rebuild kit done to it and i starts first kick and the top end pulls great. But the tors unit was broke so i removed it with the steps this forum gives. So i know i need a kit with a idel screw to keep it idling but the low end has no power. The fuel mix is right 32:1, brand new spark plug and air filter. The reeds are in great shape the gaskets are all good. So it leaves the carb i think which appears stock the jets are clean and none stopped up i have messed with the air fuel screw and nothing helps. maybe i am missing something but and help would be appreciated. Thanks

i didnt have a tors remove kit or a diff idle screw on my 2001 and it idles just fine..

it would be jetted wrong from prev owner.. or the rebuild could require new jetting depending on how it was retted before the rebuild.. if its stock you should have a 230 main for summer and a 240 main for winter/ cold months...

i didnt have a tors remove kit or a diff idle screw on my 2001 and it idles just fine..

it would be jetted wrong from prev owner.. or the rebuild could require new jetting depending on how it was retted before the rebuild.. if its stock you should have a 230 main for summer and a 240 main for winter/ cold months...

Ok ill check the jets and the reason i think mine wont idle is bc the adjustment on the tors unit was broke and it was hanging the throttle so i had to remove it and it allows the throttle to shut all the way but i dont know im not good with 2 strokes but ill check the jets tomorrow and get back and how do you check compression on a 2 stroke..is it the same as a 4 stroke?

you still have the tors box on top of the carb correct? with the big flat head screw on the top, you will see it when you take the seat off.. should be able to adjust idle off that even with tors un hooked

you still have the tors box on top of the carb correct? with the big flat head screw on the top, you will see it when you take the seat off.. should be able to adjust idle off that even with tors un hooked

Nah I had to remove the internals bc it was busted up and causing the throttle to stick open thats why i cant adjust it to keep it to idle. My main problem was the low end being boggy.

No its not the flywheel key for sure. If that was missing or been changed it would effect the transmission, not how much power you have.

To check the compression you need to use a guage in the spark plug hole. Hold it wide open throttle and kick it till the needle stops moving. The reading should be no less than 100 psi to run, and likely much higher depending on your elevation. At sea level they are around 130.

LOL, what does the flywheel key have to do with the transmission? He is saying that the key might be sheared and this affects ignition timing, in this case it would be retarding the timing too much, or advancing it way way way too much, but if that was the case it wouldnt be running.

To check the compression you need to use a guage in the spark plug hole. Hold it wide open throttle and kick it till the needle stops moving. The reading should be no less than 100 psi to run, and likely much higher depending on your elevation. At sea level they are around 130.

Thats what i thought just wanted to make sure it was the same process with 2 strokes..
On the flywheel key problem, i really dont think its that bc it would cause the crank to spin inside the fly wheel and not let it move. But im going to check everything lol. I got to get it running better.Thanks

Ok just checked the jets its a 230 in the main. So its not to big i dont think but the problem feels like its getting to much gas on the low end but im going to go check the compression now and get back.

if you bought a flywheel key 3* and installed it backwards it will run not very well,

transmission? I'm lost with that

if you bought a flywheel key 3* and installed it backwards it will run not very well,

transmission? I'm lost with that

Ok well i havent touched the flywheel key but which side of the motor is it on and i checked the pilot jet was 32.5 and the needle was on the second to top setting.

ok i pulled the stator cover off and was just looking around with the spark plug in i could get a full rotation by hand should i be able to do this? I dont have a compression checker here with me but i would think it would be alittle hard for me to do this. It has a little resistance but not alot.

Coob was last seen Nov of 2009, you are not going to get an answer from him.
Sounded like he had no compression (spun stator by hand) and no way of setting idle with busted TORS.

Your mileage may differ.

Steve