Blaster throttle Stuck

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
Okay, so i gota 1998 yamaha blaster brand new top end, piston rings, bore .20, gaskets, new reeds, tired 2 carbs and when i start it it just goes straight to being full throttle. The slide aint stickin in the carb and its seated well but it still sticks full throttle when its started. I dont even have to touch the gas. The bike has TORS but wires are unplugged and the idle screw is broke. Still the slide isnt stuck it goes up and down freely. It doesnt have any air leaks, I dont know what this can be, someone please help :(

how do you know there are no leaks? did you do a proper leakdown test on it? that's the only way to be truly sure.

still running the oil injection? did you remember to seal off the little nipple on the carb if you removed it?

im sorry. Im new to Blaster Forum and i dont know how to delete the other ones i posted. I just want a straight trouble shooting process

im sorry. Im new to Blaster Forum and i dont know how to delete the other ones i posted. I just want a straight trouble shooting process

oh ok..cause you have like 3 or 4 threads asking about the same problem. im not going to type what i think again. i also saw that you reused gaskets. that is very bad and could very well be causing an airleak. or any other problems that people have already told you about. you already got alot of straight fordward troubleshooting advice. also try searching the forums. there is a search feature that can help you as well. maybe that will contain some pics or new info that can further help you. good luck, hope you get it figured out.

X( Mattsteibler26 X( !! The problem with mutiple threads is 1. You described your problem slightly different each time. 2.It makes it very hard to follow what has been suggested and what you have tried as to trouble shooting. 3. It clogs up the board. 4. You refuse to follow suggestions on repair. :eek: Use your head for something other than a b&tt plug. :eek:

Rant off.:D

I have a simaler problem but my 98 revs up after 2or three hits on throlal I have no air leak and it looks like the needle is settitng all the way I'm clueless