blaster smoking really bad

i have that manual and i now understand what u mean....everything is within spec as far as i can see....im gonna have to slpit the cases just so i no whats goin on and plus it wil be reassurance that everything is ok.....god knows who was last at that bottom end so better safe than sorry......in your opinion Blaaster whats the deal with the Weisco bottom end kit? iv heard varied reports on the crank quality. i dont race this bike, its for fields/forest/farm and the kit offers everything i need in one box whereas id be spending a small fortune ordering different things from different sites.....everything HAS to come from America, means ordering seperate crank, bearings, seals and gaskets, etc....its the postage thats killer as its nearly as dear as the items!! the bike wont be gettin rid.....she'll sit till i get her sorted!

I too have heard for and against the Weisco crank, but as I have not used one I will refrain from comment.

I can relate to the "all in one box" as I live in a remote location and freight is a killer.

I have often toyed about asking a reputable BF member to do my shopping in the US, bundling it together and forwarding them the money for the purchase and the combined freight.

In your situation, where you suspect that poor workmanship could be a problem, I would go the whole Hog and replace the lot.

The worst thing that could happen is that you may have a servicable crank assembly looking for a case to reside in.

Maybe a builder will pop in here and give some advice on the W crank kit.

I think im going to go with the hotrods assembly....full kit all in$237.97 (£150) then i'll just have to order the case splitter, crank installer and flywheel puller.....im sure there are ways to "improvise" but this engine calls for proper surgery and the rite tools will make life easier...plus i'll always have them...genius idea with the member bundling idea...i got a fmf fatty flange of an american member on this forum and was i sooo delighted with the positive responses and delivery....reps doodleaddict! this will be my first bottom end rebuild...tho im not a total mechanical retard im sure ill run into some issues! this forum, google, youtube and the manual are my best friend for this....plus i know a few good mechanics who can watch over anythin i struggle with! i think my crank is fine but when im this far into it i may as well have the botom end brand spankin! my piston and rings are 100% tho im thinkin of honin the cylinder jus to fresh it up and reuse the piston and rings......sound advisable?

I you put the same piston/rings in there is really no need to hone as they will be mated.

If the crosshatching is still very feelable by dragging your fingernail over it (like dragging your nails over a chalkboard), don't bother to hone.

If ever I do it, and the crosshatch is light on, I prefer to do a light hone just to give the bore extra oil holding properties.