blaster clutch ASAP

blaster 06

Jul 31, 2011
well i have an o6 blaster and i am after changing the clutch in it i have it all back together now and when i try to kickstart it the kick starter doesnt even go down could the spring for the kickstarter be out of its slot?????? i have a race on tis evening nd i need help ASAP thanks very much

ok i got that problem sorted out but now when i drive it and rev it high it just revs out????? i put normal 75/90 in it would that be the problem????thanks

i have the plate aligned right but im not 100 perceny sure how to adjust it i tighten the screw until it pushes the lever and then tighten it i was talking to someone and they said if you put another steel disc in beside another one it will fix it???? is their any good threads on how to adjust the clutch?????????? thanks

Here's how awk08 does it vvvvv

here we go again, lucky im just copy and pastin this...............
it took me 4 or 5 times to get this right, very frustrating,
do all this with the cable disconnected at the hand lever so it doesnt effect the internal adjustment,
open her up, again!!!, loosen the locknut and screw, back it out a little, (the adjustment shaft in the middle of the clutch basket)
then where the cable connects to the motor lever,theres a notch that lines up, look on the engine lever for the little point and a mark on the case, line these up, make sure it doesnt move while adjusting, a freind would be good here,
then move to the other side, tighten the rod in with a small straight screwdriver till you feel it touch, then i think i read somewhere to back it off 1/2 a turn,then tighten the locknut, <<<<definately use locktite here, mine almost came loose, and thats disaster,
then reconnect the cable to the hand lever, and adjust your slack
i also did this with the wheels off the ground, so i could spin them with the clutch lever pulled in,to see if the wheels spun free, or if there was engine lag as i released it, before i put it all back together

rite and how tight should the springs be i dont have a torque wrench and should the lever line up with the marking on the case when the clutch is off??????????thanks

could someone tell me how tight to tighten the clutch springs on my blaster but i hav no torque wrench please???????????????????????

IIRC, it's only like 7ft/lbs, if you use a screw driver/nut driver, just firm. If socket, choke up on the handle. DON'T be King Kong

My bad, 6nm or 53 in/lbs, still not a lot

thanks for all your replies its workn good now but it wont go past 3rd gear but its not slipping in the first 3 gears ???????????/

i'm gonna guess the shift star moved out and got misaligned while you were doing the clutch
gonna have to pull the cover again and see whats up with that

i would think nuetral would be easiest to align, get the tranny into nuetral, then while looking at the shift star, if it's not on the one star point with the notch, you'll need to pull it outwards slightly and spin it till that notched star point is aligned with the tension wheel, push it into place (may need to push spring loaded tension wheel to get it back in) and check for all gears before buttoning it up again

the oil level is good i have no manual the shaft isnt bent but i never checked the shaft adjustment ill take the cover off and check it thanks lads for te help I:I