blaster brakes ????????

tcoop474

Apr 15, 2009
alabama
i just got a 98 blaster and i have been told the brakes suck and u have to replace them like once a month is this true? and if so what rotors and calipers would fix this problem i only wont the best u can buy for my blaster

fronts are drum on your year and they do not need to replaced every month, pull off the drum and check the pads if there good just adjust the cable, till they stop your blaster, as for the back its a mechanical caliper with proper maintnce they work good if u wanna go crazy u can do a hydralic conversion its an excellent upgrade if u got the cash. but an improvement for the stock caliper is to clean it out well and get yourself a shorty cable. do i smell a rep point?

Reactions: blaster01
If ur really good about maintaining the brakes then u should be ok, IMO. But, if u have the $$$ then i would definitely recommend hydraulics. They're the sh*t compared to the stock drums on the '02's and older

first time for me having brakes recently. before i only had my sh*ty front brakes, now i got a trenga hydro rear and 03+ hydros to put on the front. do a conversion for the rear man, you'll like a nice hydro for the rear.