big big horsepower!!!

i like both tuners and v8 cars...
but honestly whens the last time you seen a import make 600+ hp with no boost...
america is starting to catch on with the cobalt ss i mean come on 260hp on a stock 4 cylinder thats just crazy and then you can add stages from the factory..
off topic but had anyone ever riden in a geo prizm?? arnt those things fast for a geo..

hell look at my 65 olds delta 88 425 big block making 360 hp back in 65' show me a import doing that from the factory

True, but a Civic doesn't NEED to make 360whp. With less than 300hp they will outrun a lot of the domestics on the road because they're so light. Pretty much any B or H series tranny will hold 300hp easily. Just saying that HP numbers aren't everything, whether it was in the 60's or today.

skyline gtr? how many hp? over 500, with the potential of over 1400hp, the nissan 300zx twin turbo? over 500...with the potential of over 1000hp...i can go on and on....

Dont give up man, I'm just playing Devils advocate :) Think about this; in the 1960s, Datsun was producing 1 liter engines that made over 60 hp. That doesn't sound like much, but multiply that by 7 to match the size in liters of your Olds engine, and you can see how much more efficient the Datsun motor was. Datsun was producing the magical 1hp per cube back in the 60s. Not many domestics were doing that.

Its all personal preference you pricks! Why are we sitting here fighting? If you like something original, you're gonna think muscle cars are better... If you like imports, you're obviously going to get pissy over someone claiming american cars are better! There will be no end to this unless you guys realize its just personal preference! lol but muscle cars are better...

Its all personal preference you pricks! Why are we sitting here fighting? If you like something original, you're gonna think muscle cars are better... If you like imports, you're obviously going to get pissy over someone claiming american cars are better! There will be no end to this unless you guys realize its just personal preference! lol but muscle cars are better...
Well said braap :)

iv owned, turbo dsm's on quests a supra, a few honda's and a few other imports... and iv owned 6 mustang 4 cutlass's a few v8 s10s.. 61 caddy and the onlys.. and a hand full of trucks.. iv owned everything lol