bass fishing!

Boostfed

Nov 27, 2009
Greene County Pa.
www.saintgamers.com
for those of you whom bass fish..

ive been using the 4-1/2 zoom lizards with decent success.. just jigging them across the top of the water.. now.. im starting/wanting to use worms in deeper water..

anyone here use yum or zoom worms in deeper water? how do you fish them?

i usually run a texas rig with no weight.. but want to learn how to use a carolina rig for deeper water aps.

any tricks or ideas?

I do use standard old jigs with some decent success. Just caught an 18ish inch bass out of a lake.
HCS72809jigs.jpg

Come in all sizes and colors. Try some different ones and see which work best. Toss out, reel, pull, reel, pull, slowly.

They're cheap too.

but i will say, when the summer water temps rise, less oxygen in the shallow water, thus why they'll head down deep, try and pre rigged worm with a 6-8 lb test, try it with spinner gear, drop it down to bottom and work around

or do like corey has ^^^^^^^^ use some big head jigs, and create alot of movement, your guarenteed to get some fish

down here in NC the fire and ice from Gulp does the trick. using a weight is optional and they work well in deep water. that's mostly what i use when i'm not using topwater lures. other types i use are the grape shad, pumpkin seed, and baby bass.

brush hogs are my favorite bait just jigging them on the bottom with a bullet wait . there isnt a place i go that they dont work

I never use anything but Mepps Aglia Long, Size 2. They are the perfect lure for mid-water. I catch bass, pickeral, and even perch on these mofos.
wir481.jpg

They are pretty expensive too. Deffinately want to run some AT LEAST 6 lbs test with at least a size 14 swivel. They require constant reeling but work like a charm!

I haven't been out much but the few times I did I was using jigs or tubes. Couldn't find the bass don't know the lake that well yet but was getting some small 2 foot northerns on the jig off the bottom. Been trout fishing a lot here though. there is at least 10 trout lakes within 7 miles of me and man do those rainbows taste good.

Last edited:
up here season doest open until this saturday, i usually stick to mepps spinners, my favourite crankbaits, worm harness, andof course top water fr night fishing hoolapops and jitterbugs for the win