banshee trade for blaster

Ready2rev

Sep 26, 2008
Vermont
alright someone wants to trade me there 2000 banshee with a siezed up motor plus $200 cash and i was wondering if this would be an good deal. any comments would be appreciated thanks!

ya was thinking the same thing. If it needs a new crank, bearings, pistons. it going to cost me around $800 or more to fix. he said the right side was siezed up and he also said that he would also give me an extra right jug bored out .50.

ya was thinking the same thing. If it needs a new crank, bearings, pistons. it going to cost me around $800 or more to fix. he said the right side was siezed up and he also said that he would also give me an extra right jug bored out .50.

just by what you have posted, id put a damn blaster motor in it ( in fact one of these days thats what im gonna do) a cheap blaster can be had for a few hundo and theres everything for the swap

well i would hate to get rid of my blasty and trade for a pieace of s**t. Could be all jacked up for all i know but it could also be a simple fix. this suck's!!!!!:(ive got alot of thinking to do. any thoughts?

To me, unless you know yourself how to do the full rebuild of a bike I am not going to trade a non running bike for my running bike. even if it is a banshee...gotta remember that there are two of everything on those....When you rebuild one side you may as well rebuild the other.

I mean if you think about it say you get that banshee for your blaster (from the looks of your blaster you could get $1200-$1400 depending on the buyer) Then hes putting $200.00 on top of the trade so lets say $1600 now. Then you have to spend what $600-$800 as you said to rebuild it? That is up to $2400... For another few hundred you could get a nicer running banshee. It's even worse if the plastics are beat and there is rust all over. Then you have to spend more money fixing it up.

I see it all the time with trades...people think that they are getting great deals on a trade...but when its all said and done they could have BOUGHT a better bike straight up for the money that they put into their trade to make it nice.

Another thing you have to think of is how nice can this banshee be if he is willing to trade a blaster for it.... Could be good but then again probably not so much. Get us a Pic of this banshee so we can all decide. I bet its one of the late 80's ones that have purple plastics and a yellow seat!!! YES!

Overall trades are only good deals if BOTH parties think that they are getting a good deal.

Wow that was a rant but it's just my thoughts on trades.

It's 2000 banshee with an fmf, new airfilter. Well what gets me is that he said he never took the motor apart to look inside to see what's wrong with it, but then he tells me it's the right side that's siezed up, thats alittle fishy how would he know if it siezed on that side if had never took it a part to look at. then after all that was said he then told me that it "sound like the left cylinder was fine when the motor was siezed up". It sound's like he's playing me im afraid to trade then having to completely re-do the motor and I would beable to rebuild it but it may cost me ton's of money. I think i would be better off just selling my blaster and get me extra $400 to get me a running banshee for $1,800-$2,200.

i wouldnt. banshees are pricey to rebuild and if the cranks gone, have fun. to much else could be wrong if its seized so i wouldnt.

The thing making this a bad trade on your part is that you don't know exactly what your getting. You have some guy telling you what is wrong with it and in reality, it could be a lot worse.

Only make the trade if you feel like what your getting is what your getting.

The fact that you have a bad feeling about trading it right now tell you that yes, it may be a bad deal and you should not do it.

I would trade a running stock blaster for the shee and 200 any day.Hands down.IMO You could part the shee and buy a 03 or newer blaster and still have money left.Blaster parts are deffinatelty cheaper.