Asphalt Drag Racing..

blasterbogger

Mar 10, 2010
Miami,Florida
My homeboy BlasterHybrid wans to run it with me, i have a little 3mil .090 over with an aggresive trail port, and toomey pipe. Hes running a ported , bored over ?? , stock jug, with an f7 pipe. Hes got little mods her and there but the question is about tire pressure?? I wanna eat him down the line but i have no slicks... I am running brand new turf tamers.. Any other advices about asphalt racing will be great.. My bike needs to broken in but were setting up the rac in about 3 weeks from now.

well first thing is every asphalt track i have ever seen requires you to have slicks so u may wanna look into that. if u guys do get to race judging by the mod list it should be a great race, get vids. I:I

Drag racing power to power (it sounds like your mods are very similar so power output should be about similar) comes down to traction and the ability to put it to the ground. First off, you do NOT need slicks to race unelss you're on an asphalt track and serious about drag racing. They won't slip at all and unless you have the suspension to put all that energy into forward motion, you're going to be over on the grab bar in an instant.

I think this race is going to come down to who can keep the front end down and who weighs more. Do either one of you have an extended swingarm? If he does and you do not he's going to be able to keep on that throttle more and he's probably going to walk you like a dog...

I've been to 2 diff 1/8 tracks down south...and since it's down south I don't think they cared about knoby or slick tires...first time I went I was geared 14/40 with stock balloons blown up fairly solid..toped out at 70 before the end. You'll need to just try different gearing...go too high though and you might not have the power to pull the bike to a high enough speed. I tried 15/38 and 22" another time and it just needed too much space to get Rollin on top. Good luck and have fun.

Great advice thanks, Umm First of all were on stock swingers, and this race is down here in 41st by some jail w.e , BHQ talks alot about this place... anways... Were young kids i just want to give a can of ass whooping theres nothing about money involved in this race atleast not yet hahaha ! But i want to be prepared, because his bike hauls ass for a stock ported jug.. I have stock gearing i think im going to run 14/40 because i do some trail, drag racing, and open area riding.. but i was thinking about 15/40???

My front wheels arent going down i know that for a fact... His wheels also!

I have a feeling that neither of you is going to "blow" the other one away. It's going to come down to rider position, rider weight, and whoever can get the launch. Get some practice revving it up gently at first and launching it and then more aggressive. See where the balance point between a good hard launch and an insta-wheelie is. With a stock swingarm, it's not too far past a high idle LOL. I know, con8quest6 got a video of me leaned all the way up onto the gas tank and walking a wheelie for a little ways down the track...

here is me and my buddie at out local 1/8 mile last year with my stock jug, stroked and ported motor, you can see how far forward i am leaning and still about flip lol. also he is on a bbk quadzilla made for racing hence the extreme assswhooping i was dealt hahahah :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Supernoober were kids dude this is just for kicks, were going down 1/8 and then the 1/4.. The drag racers measured the place all up so its going to be accurate. @ sicivicdude thanks for the advice i know were not going to blow each other away , its going to be close... I know how to take off on asphalt ive been practicing on my uncles shee.. But not the blaster.

@ Supernoober were kids dude this is just for kicks, were going down 1/8 and then the 1/4.. The drag racers measured the place all up so its going to be accurate. @ sicivicdude thanks for the advice i know were not going to blow each other away , its going to be close... I know how to take off on asphalt ive been practicing on my uncles shee.. But not the blaster.

oh.. so u are not going to a actual track ur just going down the road all ricer style? lol, have fun and try to get a vid

Well its kinda of a "ghetto" race but its setup pretty well. Umm but ill try to get a vid up for sure!! But he has slicks and i dont.

eh.. the tires wont matter much.. what i was saying is that my track REQUIRES u to have slicks to run but it is a actual track with lights and timing system

i had 15/40 on a stock bike i had with reeds bore .040 over and light porting.. Pulled it pretty nicely wheelied all the time but in 6th the blasty will not be able to pull it. But i hit the clutch that sucker will jump on that powerband and ill hit it lol..... i was toping out at 63-64 on a stocker.. I wanna gear this bike better what do you reccomend.