anyone use a vertex piston?

This piston we modified in the boost port thread is a Vertex.

406043_10151385061070803_205544193_n.jpg

538647_10151390024080803_835676392_n.jpg

It has held up pretty darned good. What would you like to know about it?

Steve

i have never ran a vertex piston but i have heard nothing bad about them wiseco makes vertex!!!! namura must be a good piston i havent ran one for anymore than 10 mintues when this happened

but i did not blow the topend it was the very first blaster we had after we had rebuilt as we did not know that the crankshaft air side seals were bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a stuck throttle cable,not bad crank seals. "Operator Error"! You need to learn to do a proper engine break in. Its definitely not done like that. Heat cycles first. Do yourself a favor and please watch "Ken O'connor's" ....."Engine break in" video right here...

The brand piston your running has nothing to do with the break in.

Vertex Piston Kits

Manufactured in Italy, Vertex, the premier brand of OEM pistons, is the OEM supplier to KTM and numerous European motorcycle and go-kart manufactures. Vertex offers enthusiasts state-of-the-art, high quality pistons for nearly any powersport use from motorcycles and ATVs to jet skis and karting. Vertex is the choice of those who truly seek the optimum in powersport performance in any application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a stuck throttle cable,not bad crank seals. "Operator Error"! You need to learn to do a proper engine break in. Its definitely not done like that. Heat cycles first. Do yourself a favor and please watch "Ken O'connor's" ....."Engine break in" video right here...

Engine Break In - YouTube
The brand piston your running has nothing to do with the break in.

Vertex Piston Kits

Manufactured in Italy, Vertex, the premier brand of OEM pistons, is the OEM supplier to KTM and numerous European motorcycle and go-kart manufactures. Vertex offers enthusiasts state-of-the-art, high quality pistons for nearly any powersport use from motorcycles and ATVs to jet skis and karting. Vertex is the choice of those who truly seek the optimum in powersport performance in any application.

your wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!
sure you will think that but we did not rev the motor so no cable stuck and it idled up on its own what it had doen was sucking air from the air side crankshaft seals

and @joeak47 i know how to break in a motor i have had 11 blasters and i know what i am doing do not question me as i was not revving the motor so unless there was a ghost holding the throttle wide open your wrong that is air seals air leak so the motor sucks air as iff full throttle

and the title that was a joke

I could be real smart here and ask why a leak test was not done after rebuild and prior to starting, but it would not be cool to ask.

So I will not ask, but just say you should always do a leak test after a rebuild.

I could be real smart here and ask why a leak test was not done after rebuild and prior to starting, but it would not be cool to ask.

So I will not ask, but just say you should always do a leak test after a rebuild.

i have had a polaris predator 90 for years and this was our first blaster and we didnt know what a leak test was and never thought of it

this was 3 years ago i know what mistakes were made

and @joeak47 i know how to break in a motor i have had 11 blasters and i know what i am doing do not question me
and the title that was a joke

Ease up there bud. I'm just stateing what it sounds like to me from looking at the video thats all.

AND... I do ask questions! And so should you!Like for instance...

Why didn't you do a "leak down test" on the engine before starting it? Especially if you own 11 blasters? I figure you would have done that.

Ease up there bud. I'm just stateing what it sounds like to me from looking at the video thats all.

AND... I do ask questions! And so should you!Like for instance...

Why didn't you do a "leak down test" on the engine before starting it? Especially if you own 11 blasters? I figure you would have done that.

this was the VERY FIRST BLASTER WE HAVE EVER OWNED AND I WAS NOT APART OF THIS FORUM WHEN I PUT THIS QUAD TOGETHER THIS WAS BOUT A MONTH B4 I JOINED THE FORUM SO WHO WOULD I ASK THE QUESTIONS TOO AND I LEARNED FROM MY MISTAKES ON THE BLASTERS WE HAVE HAD AFTER THAT AND I AM CALM

you ask why i didnt leak down test that is bcause i never owned a leak down tester and i still do not own one as i do not need one at the time

may i drop a chill pill on this discussion ??...........

chill_pill-6249.png

Modern 2 stroke motors require a leak test on rebuild, and at least twice a riding season.

The most important tool in the shed is a leak tester.

Vertex pistons are a great product. We run them in Josh Clarks CRF450r and YZ250. Over 60 Pro Expert wins last year with them. We change them often but they look great right before we toss them in the scrap pile. Garrett has been running one in his KOR built Blaster for three years with no issues.

my bad pro-x pistons not vertex
wiseco makes pro-x not vertex my mistake

Actually "ProX" pistons are manufactured in Japan by "Art",which manufactures original equipment murchandise (OEM) pistons for most manufacture's.
Good stuff too! I just re-bored a 2000' RM80 and fitted it with a ProX piston. "Made in Japan" marked on the piston.