Any gun owners here?

The media is agenda driven. Plain and simple.

The media is controlled and in the pockets of the politicians. Plain and simple.

The politicians are controlled and in the pockets of the big banks. Plain and simple.

Follow the "money trail" with anything in life,and you will see where
"best intrests" actually are.

"They" want to destroy the second amendment. Plain and simple.

I recently got my CC permit here in PA, and there is a question about being involuntarily committed on the application, but I'm not sure if that's part of the background check.

that is part of the backround check here in PA.
20 years ago while in college, my bro-in-law self commited to a drug treatment program to avoid big fines, got help and clean, finished college with multiple degrees and a masters, and is now a upstanding citizen with a family and great job.
he still cannot buy a gun, i just had to go buy his son a single shot .22 rifle for x-mas in my name.

Canada had a grand experiment with total gun registration in 1995.
The estimated cost was going to be $2 million per year over the cost of the handgun registration system that was already in place.
$60 million was spent on a public-relations programs including television commercials.
We were initially told that signing up would be free, but it was later revealed that they planned re-registration fees that would generate $117 million per year.

By 2004 it was estimated that the registry system had cost $2 BILLION, about $250 for every gun that ever went through the system, and was costing $71 million every year to operate. This is not including incidental costs to every police detachment such as entering all the data they already had on hand. Our local small detachment had 2 filing cabinets of records and refused to enter the data unless they received an extra clerk for a year to do so. They never did and neither did most of the police detachments across the country.

Early on it was impressed upon us to "register now while it is still free".
Details of impending re-registration costs were foggy, $10/gun per year was floated about.
The uproar caused them to back down to $10/yr for all guns, paid as $50 every 5 years.
Many people saw their guns as a financial liability and either sold them cheap or squirreled them away.
The hoped for $117million revenue disappeared. The costs increased.

Meanwhile gang related handgun violence has exploded in our cities.
These guns have been registered in Canada for over 70 years, yet gangs have ready access to them.

Luckily, in the face of huge costs and no results, the long gun registry was shut down last year.
We still have to take a course and get a permit to buy and own guns and ammunition.

Our experiment with registration is over.

299_29378835802_6935_n.jpg

(I didn't own this gun, it was a loaner!)

Steve

trinity- I'm actually going to pick up a savage as they can be swapped out for different size barrels, pretty sweet if u ask me. I'm a big gun guy and I think we shouldn't have to be out through the gauntlet over idiots, yeh a deeper background check should be done and guns shouldn't be sold to mentally ill or people that are possibly a risk or make them go through an evaluation if they seem unreliable, they will either not buy the gun or go through the course and then go from there.

Yeah totally agree with you. The 308 is a great gun didn't know you could change the barrel. But I use the 308 for long distance shooting and have been able to reach out to 900 yards with the scope it came with but ended up changing it for a better scope and got out to 1200. Very accurate and so light which is great if when I go hunting.

it's the savage axis 270 I'm talking about, less than 300 bux brand new, u can swap barrels for different scenarios, like the Thompson venture that has switchable barrels.