Airbrushing...got a question

I am wanting to airbrush scales like a dragon my plastics on my build and was wondering if any one had any ideas on a easy scale or way to make a stencil to use, I wouldn't be asking but the race front is curved in a ruff way for a normal stencil to be used and look good when done...any ideas would be great...I have all the supplies and equipment I use to do t-shirts and hats for money and fairs and local car races. I have 5 different guns and 2 different air supplies , I know what im doing but the bends on the fender is a nightmare...lol I was gonna just tape it all off and use a knife and cut it all away...everything...but GOD that is to much...lol I done a buddis gas tank cover with my airbrush and krylon I had to spray in a cup then pour it into the airbrush and it looked ..tits....his tank was white and i put spider webs on each side 3d like its real with a shadow...ill get pics if he still has a cam.

could you cut a stencil out of some sort of flexible thin plastic? then lay it where needed, spray the outlines then shade and add detail from there?