agressive trail vs triple exhaust w/boysen?

Outlawed Genetics

Jul 17, 2008
what is the difference in these 2 ports and how much more performance do you get out of the triple exhaust w/boysen ports?

blaster porting dune/mx/aggresive trail $150
blaster OEM triple exhaust with boysen ports $280

also whats the differance between your head machining and rechambering? and will it really help the performance with the port job?

i have a agressive trail port from wildcard and it made a HUGE diffrence

hes referring to the difference between the port styles i perform.
in a nut shell the 12 port (new boysens ports ,new sub exhaust ports )
make a significant amount more power from mid -top although the power delivery will be more violent due to the sudden drop in pressure .its better suited for open riding and racing also it requires the use of the correct performance mods such as large keihin carb a good mid-top exhaust high compression and timing advancment .the traditional aggresive port design is more forgiving on mods and has slightly better lowend response and torque off idle.this is a video of the 12 port with a 3mill crank and power pros pipe ...for reference most builders wont attempt a 12 port design like this ,especially for this price
209cc STOCK JUG FLOTEK BLASTER video by flotekperformance - Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
machining the head increases torque by raising compression it also improves the burn rate by having a more ideal squish clearance and reduced dome volume .head mods are recommended after porting not only to improve performance for more grunt ,but also to recoupe lost static compression due to the porting process .

thanks thats exactly the info i was after flotek. couple more questions, for the 12 port how much bigger of a carb are we talking? also for the pipe would the vito's fat bastard be in that catagory?

im guessing the agressive trail port would be best for my current setup so i'd probably be better off waiting till i get the 240 kit for my spare/project motor to get the 12 port done since i'd be getting the fat bastard and a big carb for that anyway.

thanks thats exactly the info i was after flotek. couple more questions, for the 12 port how much bigger of a carb are we talking? also for the pipe would the vito's fat bastard be in that catagory?

im guessing the agressive trail port would be best for my current setup so i'd probably be better off waiting till i get the 240 kit for my spare/project motor to get the 12 port done since i'd be getting the fat bastard and a big carb for that anyway.

well no doubt the vito pipe will work okay but id rather you use a power pros especially o n the small bore jug for best results ,id pick a 35mm pwk for gas and 38mm pwk or lectron for methanol.you will need high compression and race gas for the 12 port too

yea i will be soon sending my 240 to him when i buy it soon.... im still debating whether to get the 12 port or aggressive... any suggestions? imma be getting vforce3 reeds a 35 mm stryker carb and a 240 also a f7 pipe i do alot of trail riding but its more of open sh*t u know what i mean... idk i just wanna shut my boy the fk up he has a banshee and thinks he is cool lol if anyone has any ideas let me know.... btw i already have a 3mm stroker so keep that in mind to give me sum opinions on what i should get... ty all

Just gor minw ported and the head done can't wait to feel the difference waiting to ride it soon!! i had it running and damn it def sounds stronger cant ride it in my development tho lol